SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-12-04, 09:30 AM   #1
alison_w

Default sore bum

so i'm driving up whitehall towards trafalger square on my way to work this morning. there's a few guys preparing to do some roadworks or something - they've laid cables accross the road, encased in one of those black strip things so vehicles can drive over. except this particular black strip thing is massive - at least 3 inches high! and i didn't see it until it was a foot in front of me, at about 45mph...

*bang*! i got thrown right up out of my seat! ouch. serves me right for going a little bit too fast, i guess. hope the bike's alright. on the plus side, at least i wasn't the only one - this guy on an old suzuki something did exactly the same thing, about 2 yards in front of me!
Old 09-12-04, 09:41 AM   #2
chutz

Ouch, maybe you and Coombest can rub each other's sore regions!!
Old 09-12-04, 09:44 AM   #3
Clunk

* smut mode on *

Got any pics of the sore area ?

* smut mode off *
Old 09-12-04, 10:14 AM   #4
Cronos

Ouch..... done the same myself a number of times on some deceptive speed bumps!
Old 09-12-04, 10:15 AM   #5
Cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk
Got any pics of the sore area ?
I'm going to tell Ali on you!!! :P

*runs off to tell tales*
Old 09-12-04, 10:19 AM   #6
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

I rode across a scaffold pole that some idiot had left in the road. It was at about 30 degrees across the road so I didn't hit it square on. Front tyre bounced over it, rear tyre slid sideways as it ran it over Brown trouser moment!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 10:39 AM   #7
Mr Toad

I know the spot
The other day it was covering a green hose pipe that is being used to clean one of the statues in the middle of Whitehall. Luckily I was stopped at the lights and noticed this, so took it really careful as it is a pretty big obstacle. The hero next to me tried to wheelie over it He was on an Africa Twin, but even so he did come back to earth with one hell of a bump
Old 09-12-04, 10:40 AM   #8
Amanda M

I thought I'd run over a kitten a few weeks ago . Something cat-shaped bounced into the road in front of me and there was no way I could miss it so over it I went and i felt awful... Then I saw it in the road behind me after having a huge wobble and it was a stuffed toy...
Old 09-12-04, 10:42 AM   #9
splke

Default Re: sore bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison_w
so i'm driving up whitehall towards trafalger square on my way to work this morning. there's a few guys preparing to do some roadworks or something - they've laid cables accross the road, encased in one of those black strip things so vehicles can drive over. except this particular black strip thing is massive - at least 3 inches high! and i didn't see it until it was a foot in front of me, at about 45mph...

*bang*! i got thrown right up out of my seat! ouch. serves me right for going a little bit too fast, i guess. hope the bike's alright. on the plus side, at least i wasn't the only one - this guy on an old suzuki something did exactly the same thing, about 2 yards in front of me!
Youy wanna get yersen some padding lass...
EAT MORE PIES !!!!

Eh Cloggsy
Old 09-12-04, 10:48 AM   #10
Cloggsy

Default Re: sore bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by splke
Quote:
Originally Posted by alison_w

Youy wanna get yersen some padding lass...
EAT MORE PIES !!!!

Eh Cloggsy
Cheeky Bar'steward You're catchin' me up fast

I am bulimic, I just can't make myself sick