SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-02-09, 09:54 PM   #1
x Silver x

Default MOT question

hey all,

putting my bike in for MOT....Just wondering if it will pass with a slightly bent back brake lever

or do i need to get the blow torch out and bend it??

x Silver x
Old 19-02-09, 10:27 PM   #2
suicidesam

Default Re: MOT question

As long as it's not fouling on anything.. not showing any cracks in the metal and it's easy enough to get yer foot on, should not be a problem.
If you do go trying to straighten it, take it easy.. no point with a blow torch on ally castings.. heating it does it no good, it'll just beak if ya go too much.
Old 19-02-09, 10:30 PM   #3
x Silver x

Thanks...will check for cracks for tomorrow....fingers crossed there isnt any as only one person selling them on ebay and for £31.95
Old 20-02-09, 09:16 AM   #4
x Silver x

Looks like there is a slight but noticable crack in it but is not bent that much

How easy is it to change???
Old 20-02-09, 07:12 PM   #5
suicidesam

Just got to unbolt the footpeg and it will come off the bit that it spins round (allan Key headed bolt behind the bracket if i mind right), and disconnect the threaded adjuster rod that goes to the brake master cylinder.. canny mind how it's attached tho. refitting's easy, whack a blob of grease on it before you slip the new lever on the peg

Oh.. when your done.. make sure your brake light comes on almost the instant you move the lever down! I've been failed for that before, Forgot to adjust mine when i done it
Old 20-02-09, 07:15 PM   #6
x Silver x

Well I have bodged it now....covered the lever in rubber so cannot see it is cracked...just a lil bent which should pass.

Don't look that bad if do say so!
Old 20-02-09, 07:18 PM   #7
x Silver x

But tbh the will prob fail my cans as have no baffles......but the cans have obviously been on the bike forever and passed before so hopefully they are feeling nice else its £400 ish for two new cans plus the work to cut the old one's off and put some slip on ones instead.
Old 20-02-09, 07:20 PM   #8
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Silver x View Post
But tbh the will prob fail my cans as have no baffles......but the cans have obviously been on the bike forever and passed before so hopefully they are feeling nice else its £400 ish for two new cans plus the work to cut the old one's off and put some slip on ones instead.
Feck that, buy two baffles off ebay for a tenner each, drill a hole in each can and you're sorted.
Old 20-02-09, 08:25 PM   #9
x Silver x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Feck that, buy two baffles off ebay for a tenner each, drill a hole in each can and you're sorted.

duno whether I would be able to get ones to fit my renagade race system tbh any recomms??
Old 20-02-09, 09:32 PM   #10
Sean_C

Search on ebay for db killers or exhaust baffles. You can get them in different sizes, and you can cut them to length.