SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-05-12, 08:40 PM   #1
svsam

Default gopro hero 2 motorsport camera

Does any one have one?
Whats the general opinion?
Thanks
Old 14-05-12, 09:29 PM   #2
Stenno

Default Re: gopro hero 2 motorsport camera

Nope. I wouldn't mind one but I have the Drift HD170 for now. They're supposed to be the best though and I believe the BBC have used them on documentaries.
Old 14-05-12, 09:45 PM   #3
Runako

Ask BikerAmy. She likes it but might be selling so you could pick up a bargain.
Old 14-05-12, 11:17 PM   #4
metalmonkey

Yes these cameras are great, I have used them for CH4 and Sky 1 programs. They can be used to produce 25% of a broadcast program last time I filmed with them. In fact all being well I'll be filming with them again, just make sure you some descent cards with them. If use bad quaility cards it casue all kinds of problems is just a real pain in the ****.
If use a card alot of times, check it casue they breakdown and should be binned, to ensure quality of the data. They don't have time code or meta date but I really don't think that will be issue for you guys. If you need to sync 2 or more cameras, they just do a sync clap not as good as clapper board but it does the general job.

BBC also use them as well, the audio isn't great off them. They can be modifed to have a better mic put in them, but that does casue a few other problems. If you want to record good audio they use a recording device and sycn it, if you don't your edit will be well long!

Also tie the camera down with something you really don't want to see it go down the road, in case it falls off or gets picked;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIu5B3Fsstg

Last edited by metalmonkey; 15-05-12 at 12:02 AM.
Old 15-05-12, 07:46 AM   #5
speedplay

I've got one and think its a great piece of kit.
I use a high speed 32 gig ad card which is a bit pointless as the battery only lasts about two hours though
I got mine for the bike but have used it more for moumtain biking, kiting etc.
Sound quality is obviously better with the naked back on it but I'd prefer to keep it waterproof.
Old 15-05-12, 08:51 AM   #6
WayneL

I've got one on order after reading reviews.