SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 05-04-09, 07:20 PM   #1
martianskippy

Unhappy What colour was the new Crashy McGee t-shirt?...

Just as I was slowly getting to like my Fazer, I've decided to pay a "proper" tribute to Mark and crashed (this time properly) on my way back from the ride out !

On my way back from Fox's diner, I was going down a nice bendy B-road, coming out from a nicely executed left-hander just to be assaulted by a consecutive right-hander coming straight at me. Then I thought that I might be going a bit too fast to make it and... panicked hit the front brake and did not let it go until I hit the kerb..
Result: my right calf is twice the size it should be (no fractures though), my hip hurts badly but not even half as bad as my pride... apart from that a few bruises and scratches to my right side.

Bike's not looking too good and is awaiting assessment. Front forks are definitely gone, as is right indicator, footpeg and right side of the front fairing

My textiles did a good job of protecting me from road rush as did my helmet and gloves. Jacket will be reusable but trousers and shoes are gone..

What really annoys me is that if only I hadn't panicked I could have easily made the turn!

Do I qualify for the t-shirt this time?

Last edited by martianskippy; 05-04-09 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 07:31 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: What colour was the new Crashy McGee t-shirt?...

Oh geez, glad your not injured more. Hope the injuries you did sustain will heal quick

looks like you'll be wanting more than that clutch cable now

in the future...dont panick...As the CBT instructors always say "look where oyu want to go" and as my dad always says "if your running wide, push on the inside handlebar"

GWS buddy
Old 05-04-09, 07:39 PM   #3
Miss Alpinestarhero

Ouch..!

Sorry to hear you had an off Most important thing is that you're ok. The bike can be easily fixed, bike kit can be replaced but you cant.

Oh - and im sure you do qualify for that t-shirt

GWS

Maria
Old 05-04-09, 07:49 PM   #4
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Awh mate that's a real shame!
Hope you're not hurting too much. Should have carried on to the gathering than rushing home
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 08:19 PM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Oh geez, glad your not injured more. Hope the injuries you did sustain will heal quick

looks like you'll be wanting more than that clutch cable now

in the future...dont panick...As the CBT instructors always say "look where oyu want to go" and as my dad always says "if your running wide, push on the inside handlebar"

GWS buddy
Do what you dad says and you will deffo go wide 50% of the time, remember you can go wide on a left or right turn Wide on a left turn will put you into oncomming traffic, wide on a right turn will put you on the curb/hedge.

Looking where you want to go would have not realy helped in this instance after he had hauled on the front brakes which made him go even wider, that should have been what he did before he got to this point.

I think the trick here is that if you are going wide, hauling on the brakes will make you go straight and upright and even harder to turn plus the added risk that you will overload the front tyre and lowside.

If you are running wide a good choice which is not our natural reaction is to wind the power on and turn into the corner, you have a greater chance of making it as the bike will turn into the corner sharper or lowsiding if you lean to much or too much power and slide the back out.

Anyway you got away, good
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 08:52 PM   #6
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Do what you dad says and you will deffo go wide 50% of the time,
His Dad says counter steer. Why would that encourage you to run wide?

At least I got a test ride before you killed it
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 09:10 PM   #7
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
His Dad says counter steer. Why would that encourage you to run wide?

At least I got a test ride before you killed it
woops, i misunderstood what he wrote on the "inside bar", inside bar to the corner

but still without throttle too its still gona go wide
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 09:13 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Oh no! Thats not good....I hope you feel a bit better soon. I hope your bike can be fixed. Take it easy dude
Old 05-04-09, 09:42 PM   #9
Raf

Bugger. Glad to know you are in one piece though.

Oh, are we feeling sorry for the bike? I know you said you weren't liking it so I thought to ask first.

And yes, your name goes on the t-shirt.
Old 05-04-09, 10:59 PM   #10
Cazza

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this... There are slightly less dramatic ways to get rid of a bike you don't like.

Glad to hear you're relatively okay. I hope you got the bag of frozen peas out in time.

That wretched t-shirt is doing the rounds faster than a fast thing.