SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 10-09-08, 05:42 PM   #21
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rockingham - September

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwrim View Post
Wife mate, she doesn't let me forget it!

Yeah, Laura should be coming - I think she'll come down in the car a bit later though and take some piccies, etc. Should be a cracking day, just got to pray for the weather!
Wife kerry keeps nagging

Apparently the national circuit is done clockwise, not anti clockwise....its the international that is done anticlockwise apparently....so I wont be wobbling around all the left handers thankgod.
Old 11-09-08, 01:40 PM   #22
G
Mega Poster

Anyone else booked or thinking of booking.

Metcheck and The Weather Channel say good weather.

Still a few spaces left.
Old 11-09-08, 01:50 PM   #23
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Anyone else booked or thinking of booking.

Metcheck and The Weather Channel say good weather.

Still a few spaces left.
(Not trying to dissuade anyone) BBC shows a bit of rain, but they ALWAYS get it wrong. Booger, that's jinxed it!

G, I'm going to borrow my Dad's video camera too hopefully so we should be able to get some video footage (assuming there's spectator viewing spots?!)
Old 11-09-08, 02:12 PM   #24
G
Mega Poster

Rockingham is supposed to be amazing for spectator....as in you can see all of it.

The weather will do what it wants to do, Metcheck and The weather channel seem the most accurate.

The BBC was getting a slating yesterday for having different forecasts on there website, to the TV new and what was being said on the radio. All were saying different.
Old 11-09-08, 02:53 PM   #25
chris8886
Mega Poster

you can see the whole track from the stands (not sure if these are open during track days though). it's been a couple of years since i went, but i think you can still see most of the track from the top of the pit garages.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-08, 07:34 AM   #26
G
Mega Poster

Went out for the first time in 3 weeks last night for a couple of hours, never felt so damn wobbly LOL started getting into things again by the end of the ride.

Need to play with my front suspension sunday morning though I think its to hard doesnt feel very planted.

Weather is looking damned good on Met office, Metcheck and The Weather Channel BBC hasnt updated online but the radio said a dry weekend for most.
Old 12-09-08, 09:15 AM   #27
Sosha

You can see most of the track from the Pit Garage roof. Take supplies - Drinks machines are like lottery tickets and it's a bit of a walk to the Diner which only opens at specific times.
Old 12-09-08, 09:42 AM   #28
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
You can see most of the track from the Pit Garage roof. Take supplies - Drinks machines are like lottery tickets and it's a bit of a walk to the Diner which only opens at specific times.
Cheers, Kerry has been dissapointed in the past with how little she could see.

May be worth printing this off matt if you havnt done it already, save messing about when you get there searching for a pen to sign on.

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/acatalog/NLregform.pdf
Old 12-09-08, 01:53 PM   #29
carty

G, thanks for the heads up on the registration form I will fill that in and take it with me.

Sosha, thanks for the advice on the food and drinks. I was planning to take my own sarnies but will ensure I have every source of sustainance I could possibly want on the day!

Really hope the weather holds out!

Should I bother with taking tape to tape up my lights? I've heard stories of people's lights melting the plastic covering them! I can fold my mirrors in but not too sure about any other prep I should do?

Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-09-08, 02:01 PM   #30
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwrim View Post
G, thanks for the heads up on the registration form I will fill that in and take it with me.

Sosha, thanks for the advice on the food and drinks. I was planning to take my own sarnies but will ensure I have every source of sustainance I could possibly want on the day!

Really hope the weather holds out!

Should I bother with taking tape to tape up my lights? I've heard stories of people's lights melting the plastic covering them! I can fold my mirrors in but not too sure about any other prep I should do?

Cheers,
Matt
You dont NEED to tape you light up, most are plastic now days anyway. If you want to you can pull the plug from the bulb or remove the fuse for the headlights. If you have your lights on it knackers the professional photos.

I take my mirrors right off, although yours have indicators in I think so you cant do that?