SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-09-13, 04:46 PM   #101
dkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Anyone know how to get rid of or change the Apple, Disney, ESPN and Yahoo buttons in safari?
Open safari. Select bookmarks, favourites, edit.
Old 24-09-13, 05:01 PM   #102
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: For the apple geeks

Yeh got rid of them now. Cheers
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 07:17 PM   #103
Ruffy

Had to join in having suffered the iOS 7 update on my work issued phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSp View Post
Its like a management system rather than just to buy songs! Give up on doing it the same way as your android! It's really not that difficult to use iTunes to upload onto an iPhone!
Personally I don't think Tim's alternative is difficult for humans. Keeping files organised in folders and then simply copying and pasting, dragging and dropping etc. when required. Just let us see the storage location on the phone, then any simple file manager would do: I would like the choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Someone please tell me in the real world, wtf is the fuss all about ios7? C'mon, really, is it that much different? I'm sick of reading on fb and elsewhere of people rushing to download and saying its brilliant etc.

I just don't get it tbh, you can still use the Internet and make a call I presume, so what's different apart from how it looks?
I'm with you on that specialone - glad I'm not the only one. My wife's also in the same camp. She's utterly hacked off and ready to consign her handset to paperweight duties.

The apple mobile restrictions bewilder me to be honest and iOS 7 looks awful IMHO - bland, flat and very plain. I'll have to persevere with my work phone but I really could walk away tomorrow. I simply don't understand why Apple can't separate functionality from user interface appearance in its mobile OS's.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 07:38 PM   #104
Bluefish

when you've bought into the Apple lifestyle, you can't afford literally, to be going around saying it's crap, even if it is. sent from a non Apple device.
Old 24-09-13, 08:09 PM   #105
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Just updated to iOS7.. Initial impressions are pretty poor. Will give more details after a few days.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 08:11 PM   #106
dkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish View Post
when you've bought into the Apple lifestyle, you can't afford literally, to be going around saying it's crap, even if it is. sent from a non Apple device.
Lifestyle??! If a person allows a brand to define them to the point it's a lifestyle then they need serious help!
Old 24-09-13, 08:39 PM   #107
Brettus

why does a brand choice either way result in levels of zealots worthy of religious debate. It stops becoming about which one someone prefers and becomes solely about slagging the other off! Much like politics too

I like iOS and now apple products but I don't claim windows phone or android are rubbish or belittle their users. It is a decision for each person. Can't people lighten up or is the next step burning the heretics?

This cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love...
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 09:34 PM   #108
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I still send postcards from my holidays with stamps. I write thank you notes with a fountain pen. I read real books. I've play vinyl records. I have a LW radio. I read a map before setting off on a journey. I own a proper camera and get prints done. And I go to the farm shop if I want an apple. They grow dozens of varieties in the orchard that I buy from. Am I missing something here as it seems everyone is getting very over excited about a variety called ios7 - does this make an exceptionally well flavoured crumble or something?
Old 24-09-13, 09:40 PM   #109
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Oh very good LPH.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-13, 09:17 AM   #110
Owenski

After waiting out my upgrade for the iphone 5 only to see it fall far short of what was promised I decided to jump the apple ship and upgraded to the S4 instead.
A few of the apple things I left behind I have missed, although there are android equivalents I just don't think they do things as well as the apple version. However I am now disappointed to see so many of the features that I liked about apple have been brushed under the carpet and the features which I could live without on my Android have been adopted by Apple.
It does seem like they're trying hard to be come as similar as possible which is a shame, although one thing Samsung will never be able to replicate is that quality feel you get when holding an apple device.