SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-09-05, 11:23 PM   #1
joshngrace

Default bike stopped

i hope someone can help me out. i was riding my bike home today and my bike started knocking and started losing power and then it died and the back tire locked up. can anyone give me any ideas of what could be wrong.i checked the oil when i got home and it has oil but i dont know what could be wrong.now when i hit the start button i can hear the starter engaging but the bike is not trying to turn over.any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-09-05, 11:56 PM   #2
Warren

could be anything,

can you push the bike in neutrul and check the gears engage,

as silly as it sounds - check petrol level too.
Old 05-09-05, 07:32 AM   #3
richwill68

Default Re: bike stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshngrace
i hope someone can help me out. i was riding my bike home today and my bike started knocking and started losing power and then it died and the back tire locked up. can anyone give me any ideas of what could be wrong.i checked the oil when i got home and it has oil but i dont know what could be wrong.now when i hit the start button i can hear the starter engaging but the bike is not trying to turn over.any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like an engine seizure or major breakage in the motor mate! Try putting the bike in 6th gear and turning the engine over by pushing/rocking it back and fore. It may help to take the spark plugs out. If you get no movement then the chances are it's locked up solid and therefore big time busted!

Hope it's not totalled mate

Rich