SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-05-06, 12:42 PM   #1
curium

Default Stopped for Speeding

Got stopped last night on the A406 westbound just after the M11 joins.

Doing around 90mph, it was midnight and the road is really wide (around 6 lanes) and smooth there so was enjoying myself.
Next minute out of nowhere the old bill were up my behind lights flashing and sirens blazing.

Pulled over and was bricking it.

They were alright though, after they checked the bike wasn't stolen and I was insured they let me off with a warning.

So I'm still points free...for now.
Old 02-05-06, 12:44 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Default Re: Stopped for Speeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by curium
They were alright though, after they checked the bike wasn't stolen and I was insured they let me off with a warning.

So I'm still points free...for now.
Lucky b'stard
Old 02-05-06, 12:47 PM   #3
ArtyLady

lucky escape !
Old 02-05-06, 12:58 PM   #4
lew893

well done you passed the attitude test. smile politely and accept the winge.
Old 02-05-06, 01:25 PM   #5
medwaysv

bloke i know (bit of a numpty) got caught doing 85 in a 40 limit in his battered sierra got a tug from the boys in blue and when asked if he had his doccuments with him he rather sheepishly admitted that he had no mot or insurance to which the copper told him "THEN DONT GO DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF" and let him go

if that had been me i would have been bang to rights
Old 02-05-06, 02:56 PM   #6
kwak zzr

ive only been stopped for speeding once 48 in a 30 in the slowest car ive ever owned (1.8d fiesta) 0-60 in 18 seconds
Old 02-05-06, 03:38 PM   #7
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwaysv
bloke i know (bit of a numpty) got caught doing 85 in a 40 limit in his battered sierra got a tug from the boys in blue and when asked if he had his doccuments with him he rather sheepishly admitted that he had no mot or insurance to which the copper told him "THEN DONT GO DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF" and let him go

if that had been me i would have been bang to rights
Why not tell this bloke you know to stop talking ****?
Old 02-05-06, 03:41 PM   #8
medwaysv

fortunatly i dont see him very often...but he is a very jammy person it is the sort of thing that would happen to him you know the sort he could lose a fiver but find a twenty pound note
Old 02-05-06, 04:52 PM   #9
rob13

Theres no way he would get away with that. At the very least he'd get a producer and failing to produce he'd be issued a summons. That is pure lunacy and id give him 3 points and a fine for it, possibly even a court appearance for his speed.
Old 02-05-06, 05:00 PM   #10
timwilky
Mega Poster

Rubbish, read the post. the road was empty it was near midnight. 90mph is not unsafe, just illegal.

I have been pulled for similar speeds at 4 in the morning. Got my telling off and on my way. It is nice to read of police who do exercise their discretion.

Jobsworths who issue tickets because they need to make their quota do not get any respect from me. Why don't they stand upto whoever tells them to go out and harrass motorists that they would be better employed educating instead of taxing and even more usefully employed at that time of night either pulling drunk drivers or catching criminals.