SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-02-08, 11:09 PM   #11
Jester666

Default Re: Fastest you've had the SV recently? (sorry if this has been done already!)

135 on the clock. Quite fast enough!
Old 12-02-08, 11:11 PM   #12
Lozzo

Default Re: Fastest you've had the SV recently? (sorry if this has been done already!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
lol, I meant to include a bit of a disclaimer/appology in the initial post for any that had been before or anyone who thought it was a stupid subject to discuss. I signed upto the site under a year ago and have only been properly active since november so I havent seen any "im fast as fook" threads on here before
I'm not fast, but my bike is (in relative terms). Anyone can make a bike top out, it's getting from A to B fast and safe that takes some doing.
Old 13-02-08, 02:54 AM   #13
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCannon View Post
The nice people with the far more accurate speed measuring things that pulled me over for a chat clocked it at 120.
Did they present you with an official government certifcate of speed achievement (ticket) as well???
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 03:11 AM   #14
BanannaMan

Oh and...
Just under a hundred because I ride closer to home in the winter and there are no good top speed roads with little traffic nearby.

That and 100+ gets you a "Go directly to jail" card in Virginia.
Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Need to pick a lightly traveled area to enter the tripple digit zone.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 03:56 AM   #15
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
lol, I meant to include a bit of a disclaimer/appology in the initial post for any that had been before or anyone who thought it was a stupid subject to discuss. I signed upto the site under a year ago and have only been properly active since november so I havent seen any "im fast as fook" threads on here before

Not to worry Paul, hang around a bit, the old ones come around fairly often. I think we're due a "which oil" thread soon as well as "I've out grown the SV" and there's always the "my SV eats SS6's for breakfast" one, of course not forgetting the bi-weekly "curvy or pointy" debate.

Although I must say I've yet to see the normal "bike is standard apart from a slip-on ********(fill in whatever make you have here) exhaust and now does ******(fill in whatever exadurated speed you like here)" .

But give it time

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 06:52 AM   #16
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Not to worry Paul, hang around a bit, the old ones come around fairly often. I think we're due a "which oil" thread soon as well as "I've out grown the SV" and there's always the "my SV eats SS6's for breakfast" one, of course not forgetting the bi-weekly "curvy or pointy" debate.

Cheers Mark.
You've forgotten the daily "What shock will fit my bike?" thread!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 07:01 AM   #17
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
You've forgotten the daily "What shock will fit my bike?" thread!

And the 'which colour is fastest debate?'

To answer you, Paul, our mate Topher reckons he had 142 on the clock of his ZX10 when he was right behind us once. Pete has seen 140, but that was with him flat on the tank and me flat on top of him. Bearing in mind speedo's often overead that is probably more like 130 in reality, but that is two-up.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 07:44 AM   #18
gettin2dizzy

You can redline a pointy S in 6th which is around 145. (Even with a tailpack )
Old 13-02-08, 08:04 AM   #19
John 675

i had 148 indicated on a runway once.. reckon with my weight and my mods i could scrape 150 indicated these days but we wont know till saturday lol,

aye the threads do go full circle but i think thats good.. you get fresh opinons etc tbh i bet the whole frum grew on questions like rictus mentioned.
Old 13-02-08, 08:43 AM   #20
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
"my SV eats SS6's for breakfast"
Yep, mine does!!