SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-02-22, 09:36 AM   #10451
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Deliveries.

Why do they ignore my choice of delivery day? i've selected for a reason. If i wanted it sooner, i'd ask for it sooner. And if i want to divert it to the local pick up point, it adds a further day onto it - which would have been my normal delivery day!

Thankfully i've good neighbours i can get the parcels diverted to, but it's still frustrating.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-22, 11:36 AM   #10452
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

On a similar vein... Royal Mail lying with their "we delivered your lateral flow tests at 10:28" text message. No you didn't. I was in all day and you didn't deliver a single thing. LFT boxes are designed to go through a regular letterbox and I've had several delivered by you before. This time I can only assume someone in the delivery chain had run out of them and decided to help themselves to mine. Feedback duly left.

We only get post two or three times a week right now instead of every day. It's becoming a joke.
Old 13-02-22, 08:00 PM   #10453
Chris_SVS

Covid, saw a massive spike in stress on my watch and an elevated HR, did a test and it lit up both lines in a matter of seconds.

No symptoms beyond a sniffle
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-22, 08:10 PM   #10454
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
On a similar vein... Royal Mail lying with their "we delivered your lateral flow tests at 10:28" text message. No you didn't. I was in all day and you didn't deliver a single thing. LFT boxes are designed to go through a regular letterbox and I've had several delivered by you before. This time I can only assume someone in the delivery chain had run out of them and decided to help themselves to mine. Feedback duly left.

We only get post two or three times a week right now instead of every day. It's becoming a joke.
Royal Mail are just as bad around here. If i order something from a shop 20 miles away and they ship using 48 hour Royal Mail - it takes 7 days to arrive. If they use DPD it arrives the next day . . .
I avoid sending anything with them, unless they are the cheapest by a large margin - which is usually on large letters/small parcels.

BMW F800ST
Old 13-02-22, 10:27 PM   #10455
embee
Mega Poster

https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry.org.uk/ , hearings about to start tomorrow.

How many years has that taken? The PO and Fujitsu will walk away, just another scandal.
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...orizon-scandal

It's always the little people who get beaten with the big sticks. Aren't you proud to live in such a decent and honourable country?

Last edited by embee; 13-02-22 at 10:28 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-22, 10:20 AM   #10456
Bibio
Mega Poster

why do smart phones have to remind you about an alarm going off... are the people who program these things morons.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-22, 10:27 AM   #10457
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
why do smart phones have to remind you about an alarm going off... are the people who program these things morons.......
oohh look you can turn it off... why it would be on in the first place is anyone's guess...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-22, 03:45 PM   #10458
redtrummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry.org.uk/ , hearings about to start tomorrow.

How many years has that taken? The PO and Fujitsu will walk away, just another scandal.
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...orizon-scandal

It's always the little people who get beaten with the big sticks. Aren't you proud to live in such a decent and honourable country?

A friends wife was one of those accused, they left their Post Office, not long after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's
You would have to travel far and wide to find anyone more honest.
redtrummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-22, 01:05 PM   #10459
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I can understand restricting trucks to 60mph but vans and pick-ups? I was watching a Severn Trent van taking an age to overtake some trucks on a dual carriageway yesterday causing a nice tailback behind him. When I eventually passed him I saw the 'this vehicle is restricted to 50mph on single carriageway, 60mph on dual carriageway'.
A couple things occur to me, why 10mph below the maximum speed permitted, and how does this improve safety? You can just sense the frustration in other road users and you know what that leads to.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 16-02-22, 04:33 PM   #10460
DJ123
Mega Poster

Vans are subject to 60mph on a dual carriageway, if they're not car derived van (EG a Fiesta van is subject to Car speed limits)

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

BMW F800ST