SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-22, 06:32 PM   #3101
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Took my wife to the GP today for a routine appointment. Whilst waiting a chap decided to engage in a conversation with me. Subjects included the NHS, Boris, and the EU. These are not subjects that I would choose when talking to a complete stranger but I humoured him. It soon became clear that he was a fully committed Daily Mail reader. He was all for private health insurance, so I mentioned that some people can't afford to eat let alone afford health insurance. He then talked about the EU overriding our laws, so I pointed out that we voted for most of those EU laws.... He seemed a nice enough chap but clearly influenced by the mainstream media in this country.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 27-10-22, 08:42 PM   #3102
redtrummy

Lots of flies? check the loft to ensure that the cluster flies have not infested it! They filled my sisters.
Very low number of wasps this year which I find surprising considering the hot weather we had.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-22, 05:32 PM   #3103
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

On the plus side, the warm weather and flies are good for bats*. I saw one this evening as I walked back from the supermarket, which must be the latest I've ever seen one still flitting around.

*Not that I suggest people encourage them into their house to have a go at any fly infestation they may have...
Old 06-11-22, 01:39 PM   #3104
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Afternoon orgers....

What's everyone up to?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 03:08 PM   #3105
Craig380
Mega Poster

Afternoon Gary - just watched the Ar5e regain their position at the top of the league. Persistent drizzle here so staying indoors and about to start doing a Sunday roast. Don't feel like doing much else as we've been at the M-i-L's the past couple of days, running her to various medical appointments.

How's tricks with you? Getting the new gaff sorted?
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 06:31 PM   #3106
mister c
Mega Poster

Hey up Gary.
Been messing with the SV, it now has a frame, wheels & even an engine
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 07:16 PM   #3107
redtrummy

Wet and getting colder,! Started changing the lads bathroom this weekend. Think this could be my Swansong. Getting so its difocult to motivate myself as age takes its toll
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 07:28 PM   #3108
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Afternoon Gary - just watched the Ar5e regain their position at the top of the league. Persistent drizzle here so staying indoors and about to start doing a Sunday roast. Don't feel like doing much else as we've been at the M-i-L's the past couple of days, running her to various medical appointments.

How's tricks with you? Getting the new gaff sorted?
The weather is a bit of a disincentive to doing anything much outdoors isn't it? It's been cold with heavy rain most of the day here so didn't even manage to get much of a walk.
Slowly getting sorted, but I still have this pile of boxes in the living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
Hey up Gary.
Been messing with the SV, it now has a frame, wheels & even an engine
The SV is coming on impressively quickly Col. Looking forward to hearing and seeing it running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
Wet and getting colder,! Started changing the lads bathroom this weekend. Think this could be my Swansong. Getting so its difocult to motivate myself as age takes its toll
I must admit, there comes a time with certain activities where you find yourself thinking, "Do I actually want to be doing this any more?" That's pretty much where I got to with doing IT support for folks. I do very little now, there's too much stuff which us far more interesting to focus on
Old 06-11-22, 09:56 PM   #3109
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I managed to transfer some of my compost from the rapidly disintegrating wooden bins I built 15 or more years ago to some very cheap plastic dalek-shaped recycled plastic things I got via the council. Knackering but quite therapeutic, between the relentless rain showers we've been having recently. I have also demolished most of bottle of claret so I am typing this with one eye closed so the letters don't move around as much as I aim for them. I'd probably better go to bed now...
Old 06-11-22, 10:28 PM   #3110
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I managed to transfer some of my compost from the rapidly disintegrating wooden bins I built 15 or more years ago to some very cheap plastic dalek-shaped recycled plastic things I got via the council. Knackering but quite therapeutic, between the relentless rain showers we've been having recently. I have also demolished most of bottle of claret so I am typing this with one eye closed so the letters don't move around as much as I aim for them. I'd probably better go to bed now...