SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-05, 02:38 PM   #1
thor

Default Visor inserts

Can anyone recommend some visor inserts for me?

NOT the fog city type, but tinted for strong light conditions. It would help me a lot as I wear glasses to ride, and don't have prescription sunglasses. Ideally they would be polarised and be easily removable whilst on the bike (stopped of course!).

Cheers,

John
Old 05-04-05, 02:41 PM   #2
BillyC
Mega Poster

Pinlock...

like the Fogcity inserts, but completely removeable! Best to buy a Pinlock compatible visor - easy if you've got a Shoei You can then get inserts of almost any type - clear, smoked, colour tinted, reactive.
Old 05-04-05, 02:47 PM   #3
Mr Toad

Hi
I've seen visor inserts advertised that are photochromic (or whatever the word is - basically they darken when the sun comes out)

try looking on Busters or M&P's websites

I have a Schuberth Concept flip front lid that has a second darkened visor built in - chose this as I also wear specs & it's a lot easier to put on
Caberg do a cheaper flip front, and I've recently seen some conventional lids with a second visor built in
Old 05-04-05, 02:49 PM   #4
thor

Reactive would be cool! I have an arai SV with a standard visor.
Old 05-04-05, 03:21 PM   #5
BillyC
Mega Poster

www.pinlock.com

I think the reactive one might actually be a Fogcity. Contact your local dealer to at least order an Arai Pinlock visor - will have the holes and studs pre-fitted for you. Should also come with an clear insert.
Old 05-04-05, 03:29 PM   #6
Clunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC
I think the reactive one might actually be a Fogcity.
Yes they are and they don't go dark enough.
Better than nothing though.
Old 05-04-05, 04:51 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Pinlocks mean drilling your visor don't they?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 06:58 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

from your post in the tuning thread,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
That sounds great for us glasses wearers Spiderman, can you post a link for those inserts?

Thanks, John
No probs, these are what you want , but i'm not suggesting you buy them from ebay. They are sold everywhere that has bike stuff. i'm sure my local halfords even had some.

They are usualy behind the counter/ till area as they are only a fiver... and i guess easy to nick.

The nice thing i've found with em is they fit any lid/ visor, are easy to cahnge and the diffrent colours have a diffrent degree of darkness to em.
My silver one i'll wear on cloudy but bright days, but the purple one on full sun days. The purple is a fair deal darker than the silver an i would image the black would be the same.

They are a bit easy to scratch when you clean em and they crease if handle them a bit roughly. Mine got caught on the rubber seal and from inside the crease can be a bit annoying

But they do also help with stopping it fogging up which is a huge bonus on cold sunny days And well worth a fiver of anyones money really.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote