SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-06-06, 01:32 PM   #1
DanDare

Default Get yer wallet out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/5037510.stm
Old 01-06-06, 02:09 PM   #2
Stormspiel

Old 01-06-06, 02:37 PM   #3
anna
Mega Poster

blinkin heck!!! .. stuff property you need to buy loads of garages that obviously where the real money is to be made!!! (and you dont need to decorate them!!)
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 03:00 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

You lot are a bunch of nuts aint ya?

Clearly some shrew developer has bought it for the FREEHOLD LAND that he intends to biuld some units on and make a huge profit by doing so.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 03:11 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Sandbanks - Nuff said

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 06:31 PM   #6
tomjones2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman

Clearly some shrew developer has bought it for the FREEHOLD LAND that he intends to biuld some units on and make a huge profit by doing so.

The article claims that it cannot be developed into residantual property, and even by today standards i reckon you would be hard pushed to put anything bigger than a garage on it.

Didn't some tiny garage in london go for silly money a few years back?
Old 01-06-06, 06:33 PM   #7
Balky001
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2
Quote:

The article claims that it cannot be developed into residantual property, and even by today standards i reckon you would be hard pushed to put anything bigger than a garage on it.

Not sure about a garage but a parking space in West London up for £80,000 last month - which only gave you the right to park there (leasehold), not ownership of the space. It was in a very handy place though
Old 01-06-06, 06:41 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2
Quote:

Local Govt find themselves in the quandry that more units would mean more lovely council tax for them and the big chunk of change that central Govt get from the stamp duty on the units sold.
Thr right developer with the right kind of plan usualy gets their way in my experience.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote