SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-06-08, 12:15 PM   #1
Ed

Default So whatcha doin this weekend mateys

Nowt planned here so a weekend of utter slothfulness with a few tinnies beckons

Might wash the bike if I can be arsed
Old 13-06-08, 12:16 PM   #2
Paws

Default Re: So whatcha doin this weekend mateys

working sat , and then entertaining mr treacle as its hes weekend down here
Old 13-06-08, 12:20 PM   #3
Kinvig

Sunday, I head down south. I imagine that there'll be a rail replacement bus service in my schedule....

My new temp job starts on Monday so I'm staying at a friends place for a few weeks before finding a proper flat of my own/house share.
Old 13-06-08, 12:24 PM   #4
suzsv650

getting drunk tonight with a Chinese yum yum
Old 13-06-08, 12:26 PM   #5
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
Sunday, I head down south. I imagine that there'll be a rail replacement bus service in my schedule....

My new temp job starts on Monday so I'm staying at a friends place for a few weeks before finding a proper flat of my own/house share.
Welcome back Dirk is it in London itself?

I plan to:

- Ride the new bike as after doing the 1000 miles in a month (finished around beginning of May) I've managed to do a princely 79 further miles.
- Install some security I have yet to do
- Investigate/clean the CBR's neutral light switch (damn thing has had more things break/go wrong on it than I care to count - don't believe the Honda hype)
Old 13-06-08, 12:29 PM   #6
Lozzo

Staying at home not riding my bikes and all because I have burnt the crap out of my left hand without realising I'd done it. I rested my knuckles on a water pipe on a VFR400 while balancing the carbs and have cooked the muscle on the back of my hand, and burnt all the flesh off one knuckle to the bone. I didn't feel a thing and now only know it's damaged because my hand keeps going into spasm.

Serves me right for having lasting effects of a mini-stroke and not heeding warnings given by docs I suppose.
Old 13-06-08, 12:29 PM   #7
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Welcome back Dirk is it in London itself?
Job's in Woking, mate's house is in Whitchurch. I plan to find somewhere in Clapham Junction.

3 month rolling contract.
Old 13-06-08, 12:31 PM   #8
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Staying at home not riding my bikes and all because I have burnt the crap out of my left hand without realising I'd done it. I rested my knuckles on a water pipe on a VFR400 while balancing the carbs and have cooked the muscle on the back of my hand, and burnt all the flesh off one knuckle to the bone. I didn't feel a thing and now only know it's damaged because my hand keeps going into spasm.

Serves me right for having lasting effects of a mini-stroke and not heeding warnings given by docs I suppose.
F'ing ouch
Old 13-06-08, 12:33 PM   #9
600+

Nowt planned here either....depending on the weather here up norf might take the zxr400 for a long ride on Saturday or Sunday to get a feel of how the bike rides

Saturday night might go to watch the Greece Euro 08 game with a bunch of other Greek hopefuls LOL.

Can you tell that I need to do something exciting ?
Old 13-06-08, 12:36 PM   #10
malks

some kind of mixture of sleep, pub, football watching, maybe gym (depends how the pub goes)

but all in really nothing happening. the weather looks crap as well so bike might just stay put for the weekend.