SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-15, 03:49 PM   #31
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default MotoGP - contains spoilers.

Yes.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-15, 04:36 PM   #32
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: MotoGP - contains spoilers.

I thought that yellow flag went out for the slowing Ducati that was just behind them, so it wasn't out as they approached the corner.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-15, 11:41 PM   #33
ZER0

I do genuinely think Marc was out to harass Rossi.

As he was in the last race; it's just too much of a coincidence that Marc did the fastest lap of the race (not his personal fastest, the fastest of everyone in the whole race!) on the very last lap, and suddenly managed to leave Rossi behind, catch Lorenzo, overtake him and take the win.

I think Marc's running wide this week when Lorenzo passed was real, but he certainly didn't put up any fight or chase him down. But then spent ages fighting with Rossi. Marc was definitely slowing down, he admitted that himself, but he blames the feel from the tyres.

I am a huge Rossi fan and I'm all for a good battle, and don't think for a second that Rossi should be handed the title. But Marc could have started pulling away from Rossi, but instead slowed down, messing up his race deliberately and watching Lorenzo pull away.

Even Race Director Mike Webb agrees with all of that. In Race Controls official statement he said "...our opinion was that there was some fault on both sides, but as far as the rulebook goes Marquez did not make any contact, did not break any rules as such, but we feel that his behaviour was causing problems to Rossi who reacted. Unfortunately he reacted in a way that is against the rules.”

Yes, Rossi was in the wrong for running Marc wide, but he didn't make him crash. That was Marc leaning on Rossi. And there was no kick, as is clear from the helicopter footage.

I think Rossi should be penalised for his reaction, I'm not sure how though, but so should Marc for his behaviour. All I know is that making Rossi start from the back makes it almost impossible for him to win now. Which is such a shame as he came 2nd last year and has had a fantastic year. Leading the championship pretty much the whole year, and only being off the podium twice. That's pretty good going, especially for a 36 year old. (Not that that's old in real life terms of course, but for a racer going against people like Marc who's 22 it must be a factor.)
Old 28-10-15, 05:19 AM   #34
Amadeus

Default MotoGP - contains spoilers.

The topic of taking responsibility for your actions has been discussed many times before. It happens in all walks of life and this time it happened to Rossi.
No one has a right to say how others should run their race. For example, as Marquez knew his championship was over but he could learn by battling Rossi, is that not up to him? Similarly to the back markers who gather data and riders who have crashed continuing to circuit to get more data.
Old 28-10-15, 08:44 AM   #35
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
No one has a right to say how others should run their race. For example, as Marquez knew his championship was over but he could learn by battling Rossi, is that not up to him? Similarly to the back markers who gather data and riders who have crashed continuing to circuit to get more data.
I'm sure your right. Marquez had obviously decided he wanted to practice being overtaken because when was the last time you saw him being passed eight times in a couple of laps..... In fact, you'd be hard pressed to think of eight times he's been overtaken all season.....! It probably had nothing to do with screwing up Rossi's race.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-15, 09:26 AM   #36
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Lol
Old 28-10-15, 10:53 AM   #37
pookie

while there is no precedent to racing like that in motogp ( http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Basics/Flags+Lights) most other sports have a unsportsmanlike conduct

See f1 black and white flag
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...de/default.stm

Shame because it means marquez can ride to ruin someone elses race.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-15, 11:59 AM   #38
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Both playing silly buggas.Rossi had most to lose and has duly lost most.He should have kept his cool and his team should have protested MM to the stewards.
FWIW I thought MM let JL past and then deliberately baulked VR several times,possibly in a dangerous manner once or twice.The actual crash was caused by VR replying in kind by running wide and slow,but the slowmo footage actually shows MM accelerating just before they touched when he should have been slowing in order to undercut VR on the exit.MM thus crashed into VR and there was no kick.Lose lose all round and both should know better.
Old 28-10-15, 12:29 PM   #39
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

I love the fact everyone is reacting like it hasn't happened before. Anyone remember Capirossi and Harada in 250's? Also the Italian mafia helping Capirex win his 125 championship.... He's now one of the safety advisors.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-15, 04:17 AM   #40
BanannaMan

Best free publicity MotoGP has had in a long time.
And calling it 'posioning the sport' is just more drama from the FIM.
Despite their claims to the contrary, I think the FIM is playing this for all it's worth.

View from the helicopter shows no kick.
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

I don't see Rossi losing his cool in any video.
I see Marquez trying to take Rossi out and getting what he deserved.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote