SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-03-08, 11:18 AM   #1
muffles

Default KGM Motorcycles - anyone with them?

I took out a renewal quote with my current broker (Express) yesterday, it's ?40 to cancel now. But MCE have just beaten the quote by ?300 so I'm probably gonna go with them unless Express beat it again (or match it).

However the new quote is with KGM Motorcycles (both Express & MCE are brokers of course) and my previous two years (one through MCE, and last year with Express) have been with Equity Red Star.

I'm not sure how KGM compare to Equity Red Star...so any opinions? I have until the end of the day to cancel Express & call MCE back...
Old 18-03-08, 12:31 PM   #2
ukgooner

Default Re: KGM Motorcycles - anyone with them?

Dunno, I use ebike, not sure who the actual policy is with!!

http://www.kgminsurance.co.uk/
ukgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-08, 12:57 PM   #3
Steve_God
Mega Poster

See if Express can beat it - they were hands down the cheapest for me again this year.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-08, 01:20 PM   #4
muffles

Yeah Express did beat it actually seemed quite easily too - the girl jsut said "yeah we can beat that" straight away

And all that after telling me yesterday "blah blah this is the best we can do" and it was after I pushed them too! I know insurance companies are like this, but still....gah.

I feel like I should be pushing them even lower after the ease with which they seemed to beat it again today!
Old 19-03-08, 01:25 AM   #5
chakraist

Insurance company often run price matching schemes that revolve around getting other quotes. So the reason they wouldn't have said anything is if you didn't have your competitive quote at renewal.
Old 19-03-08, 01:26 AM   #6
chakraist

I hate my job.
Old 19-03-08, 09:54 AM   #7
muffles

Ah yeah you work in insurance, right? So should I keep pushing them? I called MCE back around 5pm last night but I think their underwriters might have gone home so they didn't call back yesterday. I'm wondering/hoping they will call today
Old 19-03-08, 10:18 AM   #8
TOY40

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
I took out a renewal quote with my current broker (Express) yesterday, it's ?40 to cancel now. But MCE have just beaten the quote by ?300 so I'm probably gonna go with them unless Express beat it again (or match it).

However the new quote is with KGM Motorcycles (both Express & MCE are brokers of course) and my previous two years (one through MCE, and last year with Express) have been with Equity Red Star.

I'm not sure how KGM compare to Equity Red Star...so any opinions? I have until the end of the day to cancel Express & call MCE back...
Im with Express and Insured with KGM. They seem quite good.They are processing my claim pretty quickly now that I have paperwork sent off.
Old 19-03-08, 04:38 PM   #9
muffles

At the minute looks like I'll be staying with Express, that's with Equity Red Star still I think (I assumed it was as they didn't go away and get a quote from KGM when they beat it yesterday!). Haven't heard back from MCE today... shame...
Old 19-03-08, 07:06 PM   #10
Paws

i work for mce....