SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-11, 06:15 PM   #1
sv_rory

Default oil seal replacement

How easy is it to replace the oil seal behind the sprocket?

I've had the bike laid up for months now and have decided to get it mots ready for the road however when i started it ( which it did first time on the button - well proud) all of the oil decided to exit out behind the sprocket,

I've ordered a new seal and O'ring but I'm a paint sprayer and panel beater by trade so not the best mechanic,

Any help much appreciated
Old 25-08-11, 07:50 PM   #2
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Re: oil seal replacement

do a search buddy, plenty of info in these forums including a wee tip i tried using liquid gasket. You never know it might work!
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-11, 10:56 PM   #3
sv_rory

Default Re: oil seal replacement

Sorted, it was actually a lot easier than I expected, I did it in just under 2 hours with a few little breaks