SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-06-05, 03:28 PM   #1
rscosworth

Default Caliper Seal Kits?

Guys

Ive just bought a set of GSXR1000 calipers for my sv1000.

They could do with a powdercoat which means stripping them bare of the pots and seals.

I would rather not reuse the seals, would like to put in a new set.

Problem is, i called suzuki dealer and they want £60 quid for a set of seals for the six pots.

Anyone any ideas where i can get them cheaper or is it safe to reuse the seals.......

Tokico Six Pots, K2 GSXR1000

Thanks
Old 16-06-05, 03:50 PM   #2

i strugled to get pattern seals for the 2000 model sv, probably be a bit pushed to find em any cheaper....

If the seals dont look to bad, i wounldnt worry about using them again, however depending on how you feel about it, after all your brakes are ur lifeline.... whats £60 when its ur life?
Old 16-06-05, 03:56 PM   #3
rscosworth

money isnt a problem really

but im a bit ****ed off as the calipers were meant to be bolt on, so instead of an £80 quid project, its turned into a £200 quid project,

Might stick em back on ebay,
Old 16-06-05, 03:56 PM   #4
Yokel

Sounds a bit pricey! Either that or I've misunderstood and you mean more than just the rubber caliper seals.

I paid about 13 quid a set for the front calipers on a 2000 SV a month or so ago from Aye Gee in Welling. Thought that was a lot for four rubber bands too.

www.aye-gee.co.uk
Old 16-06-05, 04:09 PM   #5
rscosworth

no, i mean just the rubber seals, LOL

12 of them for the pistons and 2 to seal the two halves of the caliper
Old 16-06-05, 05:59 PM   #6
Robw#70

Not sure on the 1000 calipers, but the older six potters are the same as Kawasaki and their seals are cheaper, would be worth a measure up
Old 16-06-05, 06:55 PM   #7
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Re: The seals for the Kawasaki, be sure that you get the right sizes, there are the early types with all the pistons the same size, and the later type that have the leading pair a smaller diameter.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote