SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-10-18, 11:49 AM   #1
DuncanC

Default 03 clutch in an 00 engine

Hi,
Is it possible to fit the complete clutch from an 03 engine into 00 engine?
I'm asking as I have problems with my left arm that mean using the clutch in traffic is becoming a real problem. To solve this I was thinking of fitting a rekluse automatic clutch kit. However they only do a kit for the 03 onwards engine.
Thanks

Duncan
DuncanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 02:06 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: 03 clutch in an 00 engine

try dropping rekluse an email and ask them...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-18, 03:15 PM   #3
Seeker
Mega Poster

Too much time on my hands, so I googled:

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...tch-73336.html which will lead you to this:

http://twfracing.com/vbforums/forum/...her-on-or-off=

I only skimmed the articles but it looks like it is possible. As per Bibio, best to ask Rekluse why they don't offer a Gen 1 option, though.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-18, 01:38 PM   #4
ophic
Mega Poster

Might not be the clutch itself that's the issue. It might need input from the ECU, which is injected bikes only. Therefore k3 onwards.
Old 26-10-18, 01:55 PM   #5
DuncanC

Thanks for the sugestions, I have dropped recluse an e_mail. I'm pretty sure that the later clutch will fit I just thought I would ask here in case anybody knew for sure. I'll see if I can pick up a clutch and see how I get on.
Ta

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Old 18-11-18, 05:06 PM   #6
DuncanC

Well I can confirm that a 2nd gen clutch fits in a gen 1 engine. It's a straight swap if any body else feels the need to do it. The only tight spot is the 2nd gen clutch has 3 protrusions on its out side that only just fit through the clutch cover hole. If you slide the body on to the input shaft using the centre bush for alignment and use a soft drift to tap the clutch body into the hole. Once the body is aligned in the hole slide the centre bush out. This will allow some space for the body to move as you as you tap it the rest of the way through. Once the protrusions are through the clutch body just needs jiggling to align the primary gears.
I haven't done the final adjustment on the clutch cable yet to a lack of daylight, this will have to wait until next Saturnday when I will next get to see daylight.