SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 08-05-12, 03:15 PM   #1
SamN

Default Blueflame Twin Outlet Carbon Exhaust - almost new

Selling this exhaust as it's no longer required and I have a different exhaust on my bike now.

This is just for the can, it doesn't come with a link pipe or hanger bracket as these were re-used for my other exhaust. These should be easy enough to buy or get custom made.

I had this exhaust on the bike for a month so needless to say it's in as new condition.

It comes with a baffle in the top pipe and a plug in the bottom pipe. Both are removeable using a pair of circlip pliers. With both of these in, the exhaust is slightly louder than standard but quiet as far as aftermarket bike exhausts go. Removing the baffle makes the exhaust louder and removing the plug make is sound far more beefy. Personally I loved the sound without the baffle or plug in.

This exhaust can retails at £300 new. I'm happy to let it go for £90 including postage (reduced from my original price of £130!) due to the missing link pipe+hanger although it really is in top condition.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited by SamN; 10-05-12 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-05-12, 12:10 AM   #2
T0mmyGun92

Default Re: Blueflame Twin Outlet Carbon Exhaust - almost new

:P i saw this fail to sell on ebay last week.
good luck selling it
Old 09-05-12, 08:17 AM   #3
SamN

Any idea why? What's putting buyers off? Is it because it doesn't have a link pipe and hanger? Going to try and look into getting these myself then selling as a whole but not got the time at the moment.
Old 09-05-12, 12:08 PM   #4

I rang blueflame last night and they quoted me just under £70 (p&p inc) for the link pipe, the hanger then on top means its over the £200 mark all in all, which puts me out of the equation, lovely exhaust it is..

there's a reason I buy second hand haha!
Old 09-05-12, 12:21 PM   #5
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamN View Post
Any idea why? What's putting buyers off? Is it because it doesn't have a link pipe and hanger? Going to try and look into getting these myself then selling as a whole but not got the time at the moment.
Unfortunately something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
You could bite the bullet & stick it on ebay with no reserve & hope you get closr to the price you want, thats a gamble though.
Looks a really nice can too, good luck with the sale
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 12:37 PM   #6
T0mmyGun92

i must admit, when i saw it on ebay my first thought was that it was a bit of a high starting price, no matter what the item is, a high starting price puts people off on ebay because they expect it it to go up even higher. So basically agreeing with what mister C said. In these economic times a lot of people wouldnt be able to afford £100 for an exhaust, even if it is still a bargain in what you are getting. When i saw it on ebay part of me was tempted to offer £50 for it if it didnt sell to see how deperate you were to get rid of it
Old 09-05-12, 12:50 PM   #7
DaveP

I will give you £60 cash now... (also watched this on ebay)

Dave
Old 09-05-12, 02:49 PM   #8
dkid

I sold an almost identical can (stainless not carbon) with link pipe & hanging strap in mint condition. It fetched £100 on eBay via a low starting price auction. That's about what I wanted & don't think you'll get too much more. Best of luck
Old 09-05-12, 02:52 PM   #9
ruddlad

Ditto the above, I saw it on ebay too, was interested as I have the same exhaust without the carbon effect. Couldn't justify the expense just for the aesthetics though. Anyone want mine??
Old 09-05-12, 04:32 PM   #10
T0mmyGun92

also why i decided not to go for it, also have the same in stainless, got mine a year ago with hanging strap and link pipe for ~£70 posted on ebay, and have a single port coloured titanium knocking around, so couldnt justify for aesthetics either