SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-06-13, 03:12 PM   #1
granty92

Default recommend me kevlar jeans

so im after kevlar jeans now as its summer and it does get quite toasty in leathers but i dont want to be unsafe and ride in casual jeans, does anyone have any idea which ones are best and priced under £180 as thats my budget
Old 24-06-13, 03:24 PM   #2
Griff-SV

Default Re: recommend me kevlar jeans

The ones I wear are from Hood.

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/
Old 24-06-13, 03:27 PM   #3
granty92

nice one cheers
Old 24-06-13, 03:32 PM   #4
jambo
Mega Poster

I have a pair from Hood, Draggin' are the other major manufacturer found in most shops.

Some jeans have a full aramid/kevlar layer inside, some are partial at key points. This is not very different to leathers which have less protective material in stretch panels etc.

I would not add hard armour. Tried it and they then don't work as jeans and aren't as good as leathers. Soft armour might work fine though.

Jambo
Old 24-06-13, 03:37 PM   #5
granty92

cheers
Old 24-06-13, 03:55 PM   #6
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I quite liked my draggin ones.

Except you didn't really want to trust the thigh pockets on the combats to not lose your fags on the motorway
Old 24-06-13, 04:25 PM   #7
MattCollins

I wear Draggin' C-Evo jeans which were the last time I checked the only Draggin jeans with the total (vs partial) coverage. I know nothing of Hood... hadn't even heard of them until a couple of minutes ago.

The other "jeans" that I wear come from Motoport. No denim in these... they are what Motoport calls "stretch kevlar" which I am guessing may or may not be from Keprotec. These fair a lot better than denim if they get wet by drying in minutes.
I've given these and their jacket a crash test earlier this year by sliding face first down the road after going over a car at 100kph and they scored a 10 out of 10.
The snag is the price, but the construction is top notch, they do carry one of the best warranties around and if a garment goes back for repairs after an accident and they cannot fix it then they'll replace it.

I wear full and separate armour underneath. With off the shelf clothing I make it a habit to stitch any armour pocket that I might get hung up on closed.
Old 24-06-13, 04:33 PM   #8
rictus01
Mega Poster

all the above I've tried additionally bulletproof, however the best value for money without inferior quality would be the Australian biker gear , currently on offer for £44.99 from Amazon, not a well known name; but I've bought them for friend as well as myself and would do again, so you're not going to impress anyone with the badge, but if you just want jeans at a great price try here

posted whilst I was writing this, I haven't tried c-evo or stretch kevlar either, just to be clear.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 24-06-13 at 04:41 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-13, 04:52 PM   #9
Ajwou

Default recommend me kevlar jeans

I've got a Red Route Jeans and I'm also happy with them.

http://www.red-route-jeans.co.uk/
Ajwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-13, 05:28 PM   #10
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I've got Sartso Killers Kevlar combats. Very comfy. Rictus doesn't agree with them but that's not for safety reasons.