SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 11-04-16, 01:17 PM   #1
svowner111

Default sv650s curvy valuation

I recently had a moment of insanity and listed my treasured sv for sale on a fb site. Its half faired, in black, loads of extras and has a black frame (looks nice, but I can't upload pics on my phone). The ad read; curvy sv650, mot November, 35k miles, new tyres 800 miles ago, engine service 200 miles ago, new battery and reg rec last year. Polishes up nice but paint isn't perfect. £1200 with all the extras, £1000 without. Does this seam like a fair valuation? Its a really nice looking bike, and rides faultlessly. Does need chain and sprockets pretty soon, and did mention that in the ad. Had a reply off someone saying its way overpriced and he could get a really clean pointy model for 1300... In short I til him to go f**k himself lol! Anyway, was I right to get annoyed? Thanks for any input 😊
Old 11-04-16, 08:37 PM   #2
Dipper

Default Re: sv650s curvy valuation

I paid £900 4 years ago for a clean Curvy, 22000 miles, decent tyres and newish chain & sprockets, if that helps.
Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 09:53 AM   #3
Corny Gizmo

I seen that ad, not a bad bike, might have been a tad expensive but not by much matey
Old 12-04-16, 10:22 AM   #4
svowner111

cheers there gents. I appreciate that everyone wants something for nothing, and owners generally over price their their pride and joys, but saying my bike is worth £500 is a bit of a slap in the face! Thanks for the input, and yes maybe it was slightly overpriced, still annoyed me though! Lol
Old 12-04-16, 12:22 PM   #5
Corny Gizmo

500 quid is an insult, maybe £100 too expensive but not by £700 haha
Old 12-04-16, 12:39 PM   #6
svowner111

lol! Cheers bud, don't know where he normally gets his bikes from, but he must be used to riding she's!!
Old 12-04-16, 01:03 PM   #7
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Your bike is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to let it go for.I bought a curvy ten years ago for £600(one owner,high mileage good runner)
I sold a different one last year (naked 2 owners fairly low mileage for age) also for £600.
At that sort of money they move quickly and there is a good market.Significantly higher prices are available but the sale may take a long time and be hard work.
Old 12-04-16, 01:22 PM   #8
svowner111

good point there matey, and sv prices are all over the show... However, I wouldn't say my asking price was particularly high, nor was it particularly low. Just a realistic asking price in todays market. I tend to find h bikes with low asking prices tend to be neglected or have high mileage, however I am aware there are some genuine bargains out there...
Old 12-04-16, 07:52 PM   #9
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

The price is one thing. The "Customer Service" is another.

It might annoy you but stay polite. Let me tell you a story:

A couple of years ago I was selling a bike on eBay. Had it up for around £3000 was looking for about £2800 for it. Had a few offers but it would appear no one wanted to negotiate. This one guy offered me £2000 for it. I was tempted to let him know what he could do with the offer, then I was simply going to ignore it, but in the end I politely refused. A week later he offered me £2500 for it. This time I replied that I was willing to negotiate but that was still to low. The next day he offered £2800 for it. I accepted and he picked it up that weekend.

I wonder what would have happened if I had told him to "go f**k himself"...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-16, 09:00 PM   #10
svowner111

thanks for the input buddy, and you're right, customer service goes a long way indeed! I love your story, and such things have happened to myself in the past (not as drastic I must add!). It wasn't just the valuation that upset me, it was the way he was talking about my pride and joy, like it was a shed. Still, I shouldn't have got so upset about it. Many thanks for the input, and hopefully I'll learn from this experience!!