SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-08-16, 02:53 PM   #1
vysie

Default Am I been stupid

I'm stuck as what to do, I've started cycling to work now to shift some chunk and the bikes sat under a cover on charge, I think in a month I've rode 6 miles my car is sat on drive doing nothing if we go out as a family we take the family car so now I have 2 toys say doing nothing and winter around the corner. My problem is I'm desperate to buy another camper van as and I'm thinking do I sell up the bike and car get a camper and next year get another bike or buy cheap hack to potter
Anyone else had a problem like this
Old 24-08-16, 02:58 PM   #2
pookie

Default Re: Am I been stupid

yes & yes
Get what you want with what you dont need and yes the n+1 rules seems to be applicable in many other situations
A campervan sounds awesome.. would love to get one someday and travel around europe!
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 04:57 PM   #3
Dipper

Yes, the last two years I've put 12000 miles on the pushbike and 500 on the motorbike, mine's a 17 year old SV that owes me nothing so can't get rid of it. Campervan sounds great....
Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 05:34 PM   #4
vysie

Listed the car an hour ago and it's sold already fella coming to collect Friday, just leaves me now to decide on the bike,
Old 24-08-16, 06:41 PM   #5
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Yes, the last two years I've put 12000 miles on the pushbike and 500 on the motorbike, mine's a 17 year old SV that owes me nothing so can't get rid of it. Campervan sounds great....
Similar story here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysie View Post
Listed the car an hour ago and it's sold already fella coming to collect Friday, just leaves me now to decide on the bike,
If it doesn't owe anything keep it, maybe you'll use it in the winter to commute.

I'm keeping mine
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 06:59 PM   #6
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

I am off my bike at the moment due to poor health and as such my precious Sylvie is in storage where she has been for most of this year. The logical part of me says that it is costing me money to have her sat doing nothing. But given that she is no longer taxed or insured, these losses are now at a minimum.

Will I sell her? F*^% that! They will have to prise her keys from my cold dead hands before I let her go! It is the dream of riding her again that is keeping me going during the hard bits.

Sometimes, the logical answer is not always the best answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 07:11 PM   #7
500tie

A few years ago we had one family car and my CBR600 which I really loved. I needed to get a car for work etc so had to sell my baby..... Which was gutting. However I got my car and life was good, fast forward 3 years and I got my lovely SV which I'm over the moon with. Things will come and go but you can always save up for another one in the future. Life is too short I'm afraid
Old 24-08-16, 09:47 PM   #8
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysie View Post
I'm stuck as what to do, I've started cycling to work now to shift some chunk and the bikes sat under a cover on charge, I think in a month I've rode 6 miles my car is sat on drive doing nothing if we go out as a family we take the family car so now I have 2 toys say doing nothing and winter around the corner. My problem is I'm desperate to buy another camper van as and I'm thinking do I sell up the bike and car get a camper and next year get another bike or buy cheap hack to potter
Anyone else had a problem like this
Cardio is the worst way of losing weight, ipso facto.

Eat less, deduct a bit of food (not a meal) until you start losing about 2lb a week, that's healthy and sustainable.

Keep the car and bike, use both in the winter, just rinse 'em down from time to time, they're not gonna turn into rusty rot boxes.
Old 24-08-16, 11:00 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
Cardio is the worst way of losing weight, ipso facto.

Eat less, deduct a bit of food (not a meal) until you start losing about 2lb a week, that's healthy and sustainable.
this might interest you http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-fat-and-thin/
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 06:17 AM   #10
Blapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Hmmm, interesting. So presumably, we'll soon be able to buy drinks of skinny microbes to make us thin again...
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote