SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-03-07, 03:32 PM   #1
husky03
Mega Poster

Default Vinyl wrapped fairings?

After my wee off I've been thinking about getting my lower fairings wrapped in vinyl-the company I would use can do a complete colour match to the rest of my bike and its working out reasonably cheaper and more straight forward to do-anybody done this before or anyone have any pionts on this that I should consider before going ahead with it?

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-07, 03:58 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Vinyl wrapped fairings?

i saw a car done in this on men and motors, cheaper than a respray lasts ages and protects.
Old 16-03-07, 04:14 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Some dude on here coverd his bike with Insulating / Electrical tape. Pretty it was not.

Rather than using Vinyl, theres some proper kits you can buy to cover up the sensitive areas of your bike, Have a google for a couple of products.

Ventureshield
Tankslappers

its a clear film that you stick on various bits of faring / tank etc to protect it from being scratched / stone chipped.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-07, 05:48 PM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

[quote=fizzwheel;1139719]Some dude on here coverd his bike with Insulating / Electrical tape. Pretty it was not.

Rather than using Vinyl, theres some proper kits you can buy to cover up the sensitive areas of your bike.

This is a product thats specifically made for covering vehicle body panels-its not some bodge job crap -the company can put any graphic I want on it-if i wanted they could do me a full works racing team set-the reason in me considering this is it would mean that my damaged lower fairings would only need to be smoothed down and then the sheet of vinyl would then be fitted overthem-airtight and watertight-as kwak said I think it was done on TV -wheeler dealers done it and the result was pretty good.

husky
Old 16-03-07, 09:30 PM   #5
kwak zzr

they cover'd one of them VW camper vans with it, just like putting a giant sticker compleatly over the car.
Old 28-12-08, 04:48 PM   #6
rebel

[quote=husky03;1139802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Some dude on here coverd his bike with Insulating / Electrical tape. Pretty it was not.

Rather than using Vinyl, theres some proper kits you can buy to cover up the sensitive areas of your bike.

This is a product thats specifically made for covering vehicle body panels-its not some bodge job crap -the company can put any graphic I want on it-if i wanted they could do me a full works racing team set-the reason in me considering this is it would mean that my damaged lower fairings would only need to be smoothed down and then the sheet of vinyl would then be fitted overthem-airtight and watertight-as kwak said I think it was done on TV -wheeler dealers done it and the result was pretty good.

husky
Old 28-12-08, 04:50 PM   #7
rebel

hi did you cover it and how much to do thxs fred
Old 29-12-08, 12:18 AM   #8
davepreston

how much and where does it mate cos id concider it
Old 29-12-08, 07:47 AM   #9
husky03
Mega Poster

Never went for it in the end-someone did though, think it was an orger from norway or finland who posts on here-recently put pictures on showing his work and he done a very good job with a heat gun and just taking his time-need to try searching again for his posts.

husky
Old 29-12-08, 08:03 AM   #10
husky03
Mega Poster

found it-
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=99510&page=4