SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-12-09, 11:28 PM   #1
thulfi

Default I'm worried for what I may become

Gonna get real stick for this I bet.

I'm 23, and already I'm having to fight my secret attraction towards bikes such as this:

I have no intention of growing long hair or a beard and becoming an outlaw. Also you just can not help think 'wannabe' when you see someone on one of these and they're not wearing real MC patches (ie most people).

I'm tyring to fight these urges, but I can't help it. Obviously I'm in no place financially or age wise to get me one, but if this attraction doesn't die soon, I'll be screwed when I graduate and start earning. No substitute for a real bike, but would be a real beaut to have and take out on nice summer days.

Does anyone else have an embarassing sweet spot for these, especially at 23 (cringe)!? Maybe this will pass, but its currently only getting stronger!..noooo

(Incidentally this is an Iron883, the Dyna's are pretty darn sweet too)!
Old 25-12-09, 11:32 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: I'm worried for what I may become

I think that looks bloody good but I've not heard anything good about their handling.

It would look so weird to see a biker in full power ranger suit on one of those.
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-09, 11:32 PM   #3
hindle8907
Mega Poster

lol sorry each to there own but looks like it should be on Heart beat to me .
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-09, 11:35 PM   #4
Ed

Yuk yuk yuk. Are you serious? Go sit on the bottom step I have 26 years on you and I'm not attracted to that ugly boneshaker POS in the least. So it's not an age thing. What do you like about it? That assumes that there is something to like about it, which is assuming rather a lot I think. Fugly. Oh well I suppose someone has to like the strawberry creams
Old 25-12-09, 11:36 PM   #5
Lozzo

Excuse me while I run off to throw up.

Antiquated piece of badly thrown together crap, in my varied experience of working on some of them. I wouldn't swop my 1981 Yamaha SR250 for any brand new Hardly, for fear of losing a good bike in favour of a bad one.
Old 25-12-09, 11:38 PM   #6
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Yuk yuk yuk. Are you serious? Go sit on the bottom step I have 26 years on you and I'm not attracted to that ugly boneshaker POS in the least. So it's not an age thing. What do you like about it? That assumes that there is something to like about it, which is assuming rather a lot I think. Fugly. Oh well I suppose someone has to like the strawberry creams
Methinks the balding middle aged bloke doth protest too much
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-09, 11:39 PM   #7
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I wouldn't swop my 1981 Yamaha SR250 for any brand new Hardly, for fear of losing a good bike in favour of a bad one.
Is yours a Classic? Mine managed to drag the former fat barsteward version of my person around for a while, so they can't be that bad.
Old 25-12-09, 11:44 PM   #8
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Methinks the balding middle aged bloke doth protest too much
Balding? Only by choice, milord Middle aged? Age before beauty, me duck Anyway with age comes wisdom: I can ride through puddles and not fall off
Old 25-12-09, 11:50 PM   #9
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M. View Post
Is yours a Classic? Mine managed to drag the former fat barsteward version of my person around for a while, so they can't be that bad.
Mines been a bit modified from the cruiser style abomination that it was, from this:

To this:

Old 25-12-09, 11:52 PM   #10
thulfi

lol I knew it...I dunno what I like about it. There's just something! The majority of cruiser bikes are fugly, but some of the newer ones, I dunno, there is something about 'em!

Not too up on mechanics, so can't argue with ya ther Lozzo, but still find it has me in some sort of hypnotised attraction (not that I'd ever get one before a gixxer or a zx6r, but yeep, I've come out...I like the look of some Harleys)!

(Lozzo? Those pics ore only making that Harley look all the more sweeter! Thanks for making me feel less bad! )

Last edited by thulfi; 25-12-09 at 11:54 PM.