SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-13, 10:01 PM   #1
Lozzo

Default Jesus and Easter

I don't believe in either, but thanks to a load of sad people who worship sky-fairies I get a couple of extra days off work paid.

Cheers, oh gullible ones.
Old 30-03-13, 10:15 PM   #2
disco2

Default Re: Jesus and Easter

I don't believe in all that and I cant stand religion just an excuse for war.
What really gets me is I don't go around trying to convince any one that there isn't a god so why to people try and convince me otherwise without any proof and I do mean without any.

If anybody does have some hard evidence of an all seeing fella living up there that has the power to cause starvation, floods, and the like please feel free to share it.
Old 30-03-13, 11:11 PM   #3
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Clearly God isn't a HE. Having the ability to cause war, starvation, floods and plagues means multi tasking and even a supreme being can't manage that if he's male. What more proof do you need? Well creating earth in 7 days. Most blokes I know take a month minimum to put a shelf up, and that's only after some nagging.
Old 30-03-13, 11:36 PM   #4
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Jesus may well have been real.
And basicly his message was the same as Bill and Tead's
Old 31-03-13, 01:26 AM   #5
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

What bothers me the most with this is the state imposed closure of any service that I may want to partake of.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 07:21 AM   #6
Specialone

Technically, god doesnt live in the clouds, he's all around.

I'm not religious in any way, when it comes to my death, I really really hope I was wrong and there is an afterlife and I'll be let in on good behaviour.

LPH, god would have to be a man because everything he allegedly created works as he concentrated on one thing at a time rather than multi tasking and doing many jobs half a55ed.

A lot of us men can put shelves in record time, a lot choose not to
Old 31-03-13, 08:15 AM   #7
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Clearly God isn't a HE. Having the ability to cause war, starvation, floods and plagues means multi tasking and even a supreme being can't manage that if he's male. What more proof do you need? Well creating earth in 7 days. Most blokes I know take a month minimum to put a shelf up, and that's only after some nagging.
Correct God is a she

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post

LPH, god would have to be a man because everything he allegedly created works as he concentrated on one thing at a time rather than multi tasking and doing many jobs half a55ed.

A lot of us men can put shelves in record time, a lot choose not to
Incorrect, a man wouldn't have come up with the combination of bunnies & chocolate, except for Hugh Heffner
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 08:30 AM   #8
disco2

[QUOTE=specialone;2851378]Technically, god doesnt live in the clouds, he's all around.

I'm not religious in any way, when it comes to my death, I really really hope I was wrong and there is an afterlife and I'll be let in on good behaviour.

Afterlife.
I don't think so, we are like an engine once we have run our miles we conk out and that's that if we cant be fixed we die just like an engine its time to say.

God I agree must have been a woman only half making the planet and leaving the deserts, and Alaska well alone must have got side tracked by a hand bag or shoes or something.
Old 31-03-13, 08:36 AM   #9
Griff-SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Jesus may well have been real.
And basicly his message was the same as Bill and Tead's
Truer words were never spoken, most excellent!
Old 31-03-13, 09:51 AM   #10
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco2 View Post
I don't believe in all that and I cant stand religion just an excuse for war.
What really gets me is I don't go around trying to convince any one that there isn't a god so why to people try and convince me otherwise without any proof and I do mean without any.

If anybody does have some hard evidence of an all seeing fella living up there that has the power to cause starvation, floods, and the like please feel free to share it.
I am a science man, plenty of actual evidence from that side. God/religion?...... Oh yeah, a glorified pub story that's made its way through generations, with no actual evidence that any of the more impressive parts actually happened.

I remember getting angry looks from the teachers at school when I would stand through the lords prayer, eyes wide open thinking WTF?
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote