SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-04-07, 05:41 PM   #1
weazelz

Default Trackday - Snetterton - Sun 8th April

at rather late notice I've booked into this track *morning* with danf & localhost:

http://www.hottrax-online.com/produc...ducts_id=15114

there is racing in the afternoon too:

"All riders will get a free ticket to our race meeting in the afternoon including the first round of the HMRC Junior Endurance Championships"

~andy
Old 08-04-07, 06:08 PM   #2
weazelz

Default Re: Trackday - Snetterton - Sun 8th April

had a nice morning at Snetterton today - great weather for it, as glad to be in the car on the way up though - barely +2C at 6am

I went in novices with danf & localhost since it was their first trackday. there was racing in the afternoon, so inter's & fast were full of racers

had a chat with vfr400 from the forum - nice to meet you mate
Old 08-04-07, 07:32 PM   #3
Jdubya

Old 08-04-07, 08:09 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

and????
Old 08-04-07, 08:30 PM   #5
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
and????
and .. erm. well, I didn't crash, in spite of a big sidewaysey moment coming out of Russell onto the start-finish straight. was fun though - Snett was my second ever trackday, about this time last year, first time out on the SV - crashed that time at Russell. I'm a bit quicker now I definitely need to stop going in novice though - I don't think I got a full-speed run into Riches or Sear all morning
Old 08-04-07, 08:49 PM   #6
Vfr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
and????
From where i was he was quick, smooth and scaring the hell out of some 600's. nice going good to meet some more .org members.

chris
Old 08-04-07, 08:50 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
and .. erm. well, I didn't crash, in spite of a big sidewaysey moment coming out of Russell onto the start-finish straight. was fun though - Snett was my second ever trackday, about this time last year, first time out on the SV - crashed that time at Russell. I'm a bit quicker now I definitely need to stop going in novice though - I don't think I got a full-speed run into Riches or Sear all morning
Yes even if you haven't been to a track before you need to be in at least Inters

Did you gear your bike any different for the backstragit
Old 09-04-07, 10:59 AM   #8
DanF

Was a good day out, cheers for showing us the ropes Weazlez.

I've had my full license for 4 months now, had the SV for the same amount of time and my first time on a track. Was bloody great fun and can't wait for the next time. Had a couple of fun moments, the back stepping out hard on the brakes going in to Sears corner and then in the last session the back nicely sliding out on Sears exit getting on the power too early Ooh so much to learn.

Still have a tiny chicken strip on the right hand side of the rear tyre though next time I'll get rid of it.

Last edited by DanF; 09-04-07 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-04-07, 01:51 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF View Post
Was a good day out, cheers for showing us the ropes Weazlez.

I've had my full license for 4 months now, had the SV for the same amount of time and my first time on a track. Was bloody great fun and can't wait for the next time. Had a couple of fun moments, the back stepping out hard on the brakes going in to Sears corner and then in the last session the back nicely sliding out on Sears exit getting on the power too early Ooh so much to learn.

Still have a tiny chicken strip on the right hand side of the rear tyre though next time I'll get rid of it.
sear corner is one of my fave corners on the track and yes it is all to easy to go in too hot!!! .. at least you have plenty of room on the exit if you c0cked it up ... did you ever need to use the extra bit of tarmac there???

on paper snett looks quite dull (especially if you don't have a HP bike ... but it is still quite fun/challenging on whatever bike ...

what did you make of Russel's (chicane just before start-finish)?
Old 09-04-07, 03:19 PM   #10
DanF

Yeah used the spare tarmac twice yestarday, first session I was cut up quite bad going in so ran out wide, second session had a moment of poor judgement and went in too hot but just went wide.

From the Esses through to the start/finish is ace and seemed to suit the lighter bikes, Esses entrance saw a few poeple overshoot quite badly carring in mucho speed. Then it get's nicely technical with the Esses exit corner through bomb hole then carrying nice speed around Coram and a last spurt of throttle before braking for Russels.

Didn't have the skill or confidence to try and keep up with the faster guys through there like weazelz but still great fun.

What I also liked is taking a nice smooth line around a long corner and having two poeple on much faster kit go past either side at the same time, screw the Imax

A few of the bikes in the novice looked very fast, maybe proper racers getting warmed up for the afternoons race? they went past on the back straight like I was in treacle (think I was hitting 130)