SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 19-11-07, 10:48 PM   #11
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Has everyone gone into hibernation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
My bike is keeping DD's bike company

I haven't ridden it since the end of October cos I'm too lazy/poor to buy a brake lever, and to be honest my fingers would drop off after 5 minutes in this weather.
You should move to the TV area, 30C+ here.

No rain at all.
Old 20-11-07, 07:15 AM   #12
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I was riding around the TV area on Sunday and I must say it was sweltering and there was no rain at all. In fact it was so hot the sky was sweating.

This sweat was so bad it flooded the roads, fogged up my visor and my boots were full of it. A bizarre side-effect of this sweating sky was the incredible drop in temperature. Despite being 30 degrees plus the temperature felt more like just above zero it even turned the sweat into something that looked like sleet at some point. Quite incredible.

Back in Fleet however it was cold and lashing it down. Amazing what benefits you can get by traveling west just a few miles.

However given the lightweights around who refuse to go out when it's not t-shirt weather guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other Perhaps a new thread should evolve.

Is it better to leave your bike garaged in Surrey or Berkshire?

Clearly the GM (Garaged Massive) have the upper hand here.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-07, 12:30 PM   #13
ooger

I went through a massive 8inch deep puddle last night that I didn't see (it was raining quite a bit, if I recall), and managed to soak my winter gloves through to my skin, and fill my boots at the same time.

Won't do that again.

I'm not hibernating, just drying out.
Old 20-11-07, 01:49 PM   #14
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
I was riding around the TV area on Sunday and I must say it was sweltering and there was no rain at all. In fact it was so hot the sky was sweating.

This sweat was so bad it flooded the roads, fogged up my visor and my boots were full of it. A bizarre side-effect of this sweating sky was the incredible drop in temperature. Despite being 30 degrees plus the temperature felt more like just above zero it even turned the sweat into something that looked like sleet at some point. Quite incredible.

Back in Fleet however it was cold and lashing it down. Amazing what benefits you can get by traveling west just a few miles.

However given the lightweights around who refuse to go out when it's not t-shirt weather guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other Perhaps a new thread should evolve.

Is it better to leave your bike garaged in Surrey or Berkshire?

Clearly the GM (Garaged Massive) have the upper hand here.
Like you need to ask!

The answer is Berkshire....obviously.
Old 20-11-07, 06:09 PM   #15
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Like you need to ask!

The answer is Berkshire....obviously.
Is that because if you leave it garaged in Surrey its not long before it gets "borrowed" by a visiting Berkshire scally having a free ride on First Great Western and returned to "base" - where its broken down and sold for needles and tin foil by a 16 year old hoody?

Road Wars. Its like Eastenders but more real

Old 20-11-07, 08:57 PM   #16
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
Is that because if you leave it garaged in Surrey its not long before it gets "borrowed" by a visiting Berkshire scally having a free ride on First Great Western and returned to "base" - where its broken down and sold for needles and tin foil by a 16 year old hoody?

Road Wars. Its like Eastenders but more real

Firstly Road Wars is quality.

Secondly i'll have you know that us TV types are all affluent land barons, living in our respective castles, collecting taxes from the local peasants.
Old 22-11-07, 04:11 PM   #17
ooger

Quote:
Firstly Road Wars is quality.
Agreed, thats not up for discussion though.

Quote:
Secondly i'll have you know that us TV types are all affluent land barons, living in our respective castles, collecting taxes from the local peasants.
Here in Hampshire we have no peasants, don't you know?

We deported them over the Northern border into TV years ago and replaced each of their hut-dwellings with 5 trees each - hence "New" Forest.

Nobody in Hampshire needs to work either, OUR income comes from the rent we collect from the tenants of Dorset and Wiltshire, which we bought outright with the aid of a Lottery grant in 2003.

--We could've had Berkshire in a "3 for 2" offer at the time but it looked like more trouble than it was worth.
Old 22-11-07, 09:34 PM   #18
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
Agreed, thats not up for discussion though.

Here in Hampshire we have no peasants, don't you know?

We deported them over the Northern border into TV years ago and replaced each of their hut-dwellings with 5 trees each - hence "New" Forest.

Nobody in Hampshire needs to work either, OUR income comes from the rent we collect from the tenants of Dorset and Wiltshire, which we bought outright with the aid of a Lottery grant in 2003.

--We could've had Berkshire in a "3 for 2" offer at the time but it looked like more trouble than it was worth.
Whilst i will concede that our peasants are unruly and need a firm hand to keep them in check, the incredible turnover/profit made at our many Iceland stores has justified their existence.

Our many 'crime in the community' schemes are also paying dividends.
Old 28-11-07, 07:02 AM   #19
falc

Well I live in Berkshire and am still part of the Guildford massive...so er there

My bike is wrapped up in the shed, i'm not going out in this weather and risking my new ligament graft just to prove im not a lightweight but thats just me. Personally if someone chooses not to ride in the rain or winter thats there choice and we should not judge them on it. Either way people may have a good reason not to ride like myself and resent being labeled a "lightweight".
Old 28-11-07, 09:54 AM   #20
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Didn't wish to cause offence. Each to their own. Lets get back to discussing christmas shopping instead.

Anyone up for a ride next Sunday? 2nd Dec.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote