SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 05-03-08, 07:39 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default BSB Tv coverage sucks

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/foru...pic.php?t=9655

written in disgust at the deal announced.
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ne...sp?NewsID=3533
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 07:49 PM   #2
Jdubya

Default Re: BSB Tv coverage sucks

Better than the **** poor package ITV had last year and the year before...and it means I dont have to renew my sky sports package for the summer!
Old 06-03-08, 11:12 PM   #3
sinbad

Fine by me, I love Eurosport coverage of motor racing.
Old 11-03-08, 07:24 PM   #4
rob13

Im a bit disappointed to be honest. It would have been great had it had coverage on ITV & Eurosport. ITV tends to be a bit more commercial in that it has access to paddocks, people on the ground and the likes whereas Eurosport is kinda like watching it from the trackside whilst listening to radio commentary. They tend to cut a lot of the atmospheric noise out of their stuff.

What happens when BSB clashes with WSB? What happens when WSB clashes with MotoGP as Eurosport now has all 3?
Old 28-03-08, 10:13 AM   #5
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Im a bit disappointed to be honest. It would have been great had it had coverage on ITV & Eurosport. ITV tends to be a bit more commercial in that it has access to paddocks, people on the ground and the likes whereas Eurosport is kinda like watching it from the trackside whilst listening to radio commentary. They tend to cut a lot of the atmospheric noise out of their stuff.

What happens when BSB clashes with WSB? What happens when WSB clashes with MotoGP as Eurosport now has all 3?
I don't exactly see how you think that Eurosport has any less access or anything than ITV!!?? The commentators are still going to be the same! Jamie Whitham will be there and I believe it's Jack Burnicle again... The same people ITV had last year and were due to be their commentators this year...
They are in a room at the circuits, watching the action and interviewing riders, etc. at each round... At least it will be live!!

Apparrently, when there's a WSB & BSB race on the same weekend, the first WSB race will be shown, then the first BSB, then the second WSB and the second BSB race (or something similar!). I can't remember if there's any weekends where BSB clashes with the GP - I don't think there are but I would imagine that would make things a bit difficult!

BSB is going to be shown live on Eurosport 2 any way - not Eurosport, so this gives them a little more flexibility!

That's all the 'insider knowledge' that I've obtained from the paddock so far!

Got the opportunity to take the p*ss out of Jamie Whitham at Snett, when he was ballsing up his piece to camera in pitlane over & over again!!
Old 28-03-08, 10:27 AM   #6
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

This is arguably the best race series on telly, and it's even in this country, why the ! can't we just watch it unmolested on normal telly instead of having to fork out for the extra channels? I can't get WSB either.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-08, 12:42 AM   #7
rob13

Luckily I get Eurosport, and uncle Jack & Whitham are commentating as per ITV last year however it just seems that ITV pull out the stops for interviews/paddock access etc whereas Eurosport coverage seems to be from afar.

At the end of the day as long as I can watch it ill be happy. Hoping to see the WSS this year though
Old 19-04-08, 11:09 PM   #8
Scoobylou

I am so glad I have the channels.. last years coverage was PANTS... Oh and hi btw.
Old 20-04-08, 07:44 AM   #9
rob13

welcome
Old 20-04-08, 11:53 AM   #10
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

why in the modern era is BSB still broadcast n 4:3, grrr
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote