SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-10-09, 04:31 PM   #21
zsv650

Default Re: Durability

what a minger the versy's is v-strom650 anyday over that(sorry to versy's owner's in advance).
Old 07-10-09, 10:41 AM   #22
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv-robo View Post
Yeah they do make a nice girls bike
Girls bike?! I'd be interested to know how many women could throw a leg over a bike of that height.
Old 07-10-09, 10:54 AM   #23
shonadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Girls bike?! I'd be interested to know how many women could throw a leg over a bike of that height.
I can't, and I'm 5.8.

I think the finish is much better than my same year sv, and hubby washes his a lot less.

I also think older sv's are much better quality than the new ones.
Old 07-10-09, 10:59 AM   #24
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyapu View Post
Hello there

I'm hoping for a little advice. Courtesy of a new job and a little extra income i'm now in the market for a new bike. I've managed to narrow it down to a few, one of which is the 2009 SV650S. Now my intention is it'll be used for commuting as well as accruing a few business miles. What i'd like to know, as i intend to use it throughout the winter, is how it'll hold up in good old fashioned english weather. Particularly as the bike won't be kept in a garage, though it will be kept undercover.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Additionally, does anyone have experience of the Kawasaki Versys and ER-6N and how they compare to the SV.

Cheers
Brakes have been the only bugbear in 4years of daily use. Through winter they need a lot of extra maintenance to keep functioning to the best of their ability.

Starts everytime. All I want in the depth of winter.

The SV is not really any worse than any other jap bike I have owned and used all year. Paint/finish is more to do with how the individual owner looks after it. Plenty of good advice on here how to keep on top of it..

SV has the best engine and sportiest riding position out of those you mention. So that sealed the deal for me.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 11:03 AM   #25
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonadoll View Post

I think the finish is much better than my same year sv, and hubby washes his a lot less.

It was the way my SV deterioated that put me off Suzuki for life regarding build quality.

have to say 14000 miles on my P7F and its still mint condition, no corrosion.