SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-10-08, 10:38 PM   #1
davepreston

Smile hello newby from preston

hello one and all
i,m another newby just sayin hello
first can i say this site is the dogs danglies wish i'd heard of it sooner
well i have a blue 99 sv650s ( curvy i belive its refered too ) which i absolutely love( more than the wife ) its standard apart from a fender extender did a das course and its my first bike, the boy who invented motorbikes was a god,
well thats me any advice on mods and everything else please let me know i intend to put a few quid into her as ive already givin the other half a wedding fairs fair
thanks in advance dave
Old 05-10-08, 11:39 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: hello newby from preston

Welcome to the mad-house!

Keep your back to the wall, don't feed the animals after dark, and for crying out loud,, disregard everything Hovis says!!

I'm sure I know someone by the name of "davepreston"... just can't think where - maybe the wine is stopping my brain working. Am drunk!
Old 06-10-08, 05:44 AM   #3
tanis34

ello and welcome from th midlands
Old 06-10-08, 07:17 AM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
i have a blue 99 sv650s ( curvy i belive its refered too )
Hi Dave, welcome to the site.

Yes we call the '99-'02' model Curvy's, they are the best SV's to have although I would mention that the Yellow ones are the fastest!
Old 06-10-08, 08:31 AM   #5
kitkat

hiya dave, curvies are the best
Old 06-10-08, 08:37 AM   #6
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post

I would mention that the Yellow ones are the fastest!
its true

to enhance your motorcycle plesure, you will be wanting a race can,

crash bungs are also a good idea

ps, hello
Old 06-10-08, 09:16 AM   #7
missyburd

'ello and welcome
Old 06-10-08, 09:20 AM   #8
stewie

Hi mate, welcome aboard, nice choice of bike
Old 06-10-08, 09:22 AM   #9
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

yes yes yes -

a new end can transforms the sound of the bike, a full exhaust system gives a bit more power as far as I've heard?

EBC HH Sinterred brake pads give more bite on the braking

double bubble screens from the likes of Powerbronze, f. fabbri or others keep the wind blast off a bit better at motorway speeds

new rubbers = avon storms seem to be one of the most popular tyres (which I'm buying soon)

you can get a rear hugger which is a bit like a mud guard = stop crap flying underneath the back of the bike and looks pretty trick

tail tidy replaces the giant plastic numberplate/rear lights bracket and 'tidies' up the back end (mainly a fashion thing) = popular one for the sv is from 'Hamicad'

there's alsorts of different bulbs you can buy for the headlights (H4 fitment on the pointy but I think it's the same for curvys?) = they give much better light coverage at night

you can mess with the suspension by buying a rear shock from the likes of ohlins, nitron or matris OR you can get hold of a rear shock from gsxr which is a cheaper option.

You can get stiffer springs to put in the front forks and also thicker oil which all firms up the front end when you've sharpened up the brakes - alternatively you can do a full front end swap from a gsxr: includes front forks and calipers (yorkie chris has done this to his... it's just ridiculous, I want it done on mine)

You can mess with the gearing by getting front and rear sprockets with more or less teeth to alter the acceleration

braided brake lines (popular ones are from HEL but I found their customer service to be absolute ****e)

chewys mirror spacers are used to move the mirrors outwards so you can see more than just your elbows

heated grips from the likes of oxford will keep your hands warm and toasty through winter

thats about all i can think of for now but welcome to the forum and by the way, there's a few of us from the pennine massive doing an 'end of season rideout' this sunday = http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=118350 think there's a few people coming from manchester/that way out. We're always keen on new members getting stuck in there so here's an official invite from myself. Just watchout for dizzeeblond - she steals all the carrot cake

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 11:46 AM   #10
mister c
Mega Poster

Owdo & Welcome to th'org
Good choice of model, but wrong colour....................should have gone for YELLOW
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote