SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 31-05-09, 10:12 PM   #1
amarko5

Default Rant Rant Rant Bloody fair weather crotch riders

Now then this may end up being controversial BUT :

why is it the as soon as the sun shines the roads fill with fair weather riders who are for the most part out of their league with the bikes they have.

ok i have just returned from a 180 mile ride on some of the best roads the north has to offer, only for it to be marred by useless tossers who's only capability is to straight line every corner cos the cannot lean their (shiny pimped up rides) even though they only do 1200 miles in a year and have the worlds grippiest rubber on their bikes

now dont get me wrong I WILL straight line certain corners ( as long as i can see far enough ahead or the road surface demands avoiding action) BUT for the most part i keep well left as i have experienced this far to many times.

on no less than 20 or more occasions today I with my son on the back have had to take avoiding action because some freaking wannabe Rossi has been 3/4 into our side of the road

i saw no less that 7 accidents 4 of which were wrong side of road into dykes 2 into other vehicles on wrong side and one just plain to fast and straight on.

I do not class myself as the best rider of all time but i say i have some experience evolved from many years of motorcycling.

and don't even get me started on the gixxer 1000 brigade (180 in a straight line and 20 round any corner) sheesh is it me or do you lot experience this ??

Comments Please >>>
Old 31-05-09, 10:20 PM   #2
rob13

Default Re: Rant Rant Rant Bloody fair weather crotch riders

Mate, I have experienced this myself. Luckily Ive been off the road this weekend (too much drinking and sunbathing) but yeah, there were a few hairy moments last weekend when I was playing out over your way and had sportsbikes with the rider well over the decapitation line and me having to take avoiding action. I also had a couple of Gixxer thou's which took off like rockets past me but then didnt really get anywhere when it came to tighter stuff.
I tend to move over and let them past as I figure they are a bigger danger behind me than they are where I can see them. I am certainly not the greatest rider but I like to think that I'm gaining some good experience when riding in poorer weather. Ive already hit a service interval on the Kwak so i'm going to have to get that sorted this month.
Old 31-05-09, 10:23 PM   #3
Jamiebridges123

Agree too many people forget that handlebars turn as well as the throttle...
Old 31-05-09, 10:26 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Coming threw the smoke lunchtime, stopped at lights, about 8 sports bikes( three with "letterbox" numberplates (would get pulled all the time if they regularly used them) come to the front, one even pushed in front of me into the cycle box, over the next four sets of lights they went like nutters, I caught up with constant speed, then we came to moving traffic, and I'd lost them all within a mile as none could manage traffic.

Still their summer to I gets
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-09, 10:31 PM   #5
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post

Still their summer to I gets
I agree it's their summer to , what i object to is them claiming some innocent party's because of their innept-ness trying to beat their mates by .00012 mph.
Old 31-05-09, 10:48 PM   #6
kwak zzr

i don't ride great miles but i still corner faster than i go in a straight line
Old 31-05-09, 11:30 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

It's nearly as annoying as some useless tw4t doing about 3mph through traffic and being so $hit scared they won't get out of the way either. Luckily I've little more commuting left to do!
I must admit to gaining some amusement out of making far better progress on scabby SV than 90% of the power rangers on shiny sportsbikes.
Old 01-06-09, 01:29 AM   #8
ThEGr33k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9hKpsulmY

Plain scary!!!!!

It does annoy me that they treat the roads as private race tracks. Yes I ride fast but I at least try to ride safely. I tend to try and stay away from the main biker roads on hot days as you are guaranteed far too many idiots!
Old 01-06-09, 06:54 AM   #9
AndyBrad

agree with the comments but i can still see while they do it.

Just need to stay out of their way i guess.
Old 01-06-09, 07:00 AM   #10
wyrdness

I call them 'fast riders', as opposed to 'quick riders'.

I met one on the North Circular a couple of weeks ago. He went past me at nearly twice the speed limit. Then at the lights he tried to filter though a wide gap that should have presented no problem to anyone. But this 'fast rider' had to put both his feet down and paddle though it slowly. Fortunately it was a three lane dual-carriageway, so I filtered between the leftmost lanes and got past him. Then a couple of minutes later, I spot him in my mirrors, approaching at around twice the limit again. I was approaching a traffic queue that's usually a couple of miles long, so I stayed in front of him and watched him disappear in my mirrors when I started filtering though the queue.

They seem to want to be faster than any other bike on the road, but fail miserably when confronted by anything that requires some riding skill.