SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-09-08, 01:08 PM   #21
plowsie

Default Re: px/swap my tl 1000 for a curvey??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
A short test ride is nothing like day to day owning/riding it ,
i speak from experience here with the 675 [/COLOR]-loved it on test ride yet its taken me 6mths + to start feeling confident and settled with her (also alot of persuading from treacle to keep her) and i willa dmit i do sometimes till wish id bought/kept a sv
iirc it wasnt long ago you said you werent feeling 100% on the sv, not lecturing but id stick with 600s for awhile longer-The tl isnt exactly a very forgiving bike and we dont want to here youve run your foot over again or worse ok
How many miles you done on it now? 1000? In the three months I have had the SV, I've racked up 5000.

The post about me not feeling confident was after an off and I'm certainly a lot more confident on it. I know the risks etc, I'm not gonna go out and bust myself up and think I'm a moto GP rider straight away, thats just stupid. I'm not definately thinking of getting one. The only thing that is putting me off is what YC said and also similar to Ady, problems around town. We'll see.
Old 24-09-08, 01:33 PM   #22
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Yes and they sound fuggin good with this high level carbon can on it! Pete and Lissa didn't like it, it was rather tinny, but i can imagine it going along.
I not found any that sound great to be honest... they are OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
The triples sound better being ragged, don't have the nice tickover of the V twins though.

My dad had a T5 with some wunoff underseat pipes, that sounded like the end of the earth, way deeper note than the standard triumph race can.
My old mans sprint ST with no silencer is quieter than my bike with blue flames on! Dont get it to be honest, my bike with no exhaust hurts the ears!

Quote:
How many miles you done on it now? 1000? In the three months I have had the SV, I've racked up 5000.
If you are doing that sort of mileage then I would stay away from a TL, itll cost you a fortune in fuel and tyres!

Are you both (YC & Plowsie) still limited? If you are then wait till you get the power in the SV, the TL wont handle very well in comparison to the SV I can almost guarentee. No not ridden a TL, but they arnt known for great turning ability.

Problem when you get a nice bike and get confident with it you have things happen like what happened to me where you get over confident and dont slow down when you should, then things can happen that shouldnt So just go steady
Old 24-09-08, 01:39 PM   #23
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Yes still restricted, I'll get one when it suits. SV is quick enough to spank the big bikes anyway.
Old 24-09-08, 01:39 PM   #24
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
the TL wont handle very well in comparison to the SV I can almost guarentee. No not ridden a TL, but they arnt known for great turning ability.
And was that in a test against an SV?

I can see it now, CBR1000RR vs C90, the C90 has a much better turning circle than the Blade...No ****

I see what your getting at Greek, problem is, till people have ridden one and even magazines, a bike isn't built to suit every rider is it? It can be suited more to one than the another.

TBH the rumours of what they are like aren't gonna stop me riding one, or getting one. Do we all stop riding bikes cos of the horror stories? Nope.
Old 24-09-08, 01:40 PM   #25
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Hey a C90 is a dangerous tankslappering beast too.
Old 24-09-08, 01:41 PM   #26
plowsie

Quote:
Hey a C90 is a dangerous tankslappering beast too.
Oh **** better stay away from one then!
Old 24-09-08, 06:58 PM   #27
Paws

Quote:

The post about me not feeling confident was after an off and I'm certainly a lot more confident on it. I know the risks etc, I'm not gonna go out and bust myself up and think I'm a moto GP rider straight away, thats just stupid. I'm not definately thinking of getting one. The only thing that is putting me off is what YC said and also similar to Ady, problems around town. We'll see.

Ive done 2500 on the 675, 10000 on my first sv, 1000 ish on second and im on a full licence and have been rding alot longer than you.
i also dont see what doing certain milage on bike has do with it-you seem to be missing the point- i did a 200 mile test ride on 675 and loved it, when the reality came to using it dayt to day-different story-hence low mileYour not gonna go out and bust yourself up? how many offs/near misses/scares etc on the 3 bikes so far?

Anyways thats my 2p, hope you get it swopped Ady-i'll ask at work if anyones intrested
Old 24-09-08, 07:05 PM   #28
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default TL Discussion Thread

Split from the Swap my TL thread...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-08, 07:06 PM   #29
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
If you want to discuss the TL and its merits, start a new thread maybe ?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=118294
Old 24-09-08, 09:24 PM   #30
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Yes still restricted, I'll get one when it suits. SV is quick enough to spank the big bikes anyway.

Man I didnt realise you were when we went out on the catherine wheel ride out.

That explains some things... I noticed out of the corners your bike was sluggish and tended to just make more noise when the throttle was open. LOL. I wondered if it was just that exhaust completly screwing the power. ha ha.

As for getting a TL you really shouldnt think about it till you have experianced the full power SV imo. You will be happy with that for at least a little while and if you feel you need more then start thinking about it.