SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-03-16, 09:31 AM   #11
onewhosquawks

Default Re: Carb Rubber leak symptoms

New rubbers were delivered today.

Thanks for the sanity check. I'll get to this on Sunday. Will pop back in if I run into problems.

Just want this bike back on the road so she can give me my zzr back. Currently commuting on a transalp. No fun
Old 04-04-16, 08:29 AM   #12
onewhosquawks

Right so this weekend I stripped her back and had a look.

First thing - the o rings that sit betwwn the carbs and the engine popped out and were at least 5mm longer looking than they need to be - i tried freezing them to see if the shrunk back to fit but nope. So do o rings really expand that much? I've never seen that much expansion before.

Secondly - the shop I took her too must have not put coolant in after getting to the front spakplug. Old girl was dry.

And finally - I vacuum tested a lot of the tubes and the one that connects to the rear carb before it meets the engine had a poor seal.

I've ordered new o rings and hose and clips and will silicon gasket every damn thing that connects to another. I can't believe the quality of the work the garage did.
Old 04-04-16, 10:16 AM   #13
muzikill
Mega Poster

Lets hope theres no damage with the coolant issue. I'd be going back and kicking up a stink and a half.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote