SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 08-02-10, 01:21 AM   #21
regency23

Default Re: 2010 Wirral Egg Run

I will be there tis a great day out
Old 08-02-10, 12:30 PM   #22
Neeja

I've apparently been rota'd in that weekend, so now may not be able to make it Am desperately trying to get a shift-swap sorted, though.
Old 08-02-10, 02:08 PM   #23
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Claire/Damian - maybe we could meet up on our side rather than going all the way to Cheshire Oaks only to come back on ourselves?

Carlos might be up for it to (he did it last year)
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:32 PM   #24
DaveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbylad View Post
Claire/Damian - maybe we could meet up on our side rather than going all the way to Cheshire Oaks only to come back on ourselves?

Thik the reason we met up like we did last year was so we was all together through the ride.... Meeting up at the start is a no no as the number of bikes involved made it practically impossible. But whatever is decided i will go with.

Dave
Old 08-02-10, 03:45 PM   #25
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Maybe we could meet up somewhere nearer to New Brighton i.e. Heswall/West Kirby?

It's on the way for those coming from NW and isn't too far out of the way for those coming from further North...just a thought.
Old 08-02-10, 03:57 PM   #26
Luckypants
Mega Poster

The only reason we started meeting near Cheshire Oaks was that it was more convenient for the majority of those attending from the BP. I can see it makes no sense for the Liverpool folks, but everyone one else in the Border Patrol lives south or west of the Wirral and it makes perfect sense for them. In the past we have gone back to the meet point (The Stanney Oaks pub) for lunch together before a ride out in the afternoon or head home.

We don't try to meet up at New Brighton because the number of bikes there makes that impossible.

An alternative meet point might be Tesco or B&Q at Bidston? These may be popular with other groups though.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 05:47 PM   #27
Speedy Claire

I`d forget the tesco`s cos I believe that heaves with bikes! B and Q might be better if a change of meeting venue is needed. Like Neeja I`m trying desperately to get a swap for that weekend so I can attend but wherever the majority meet thats where I`ll go cos as others have said you`ve no change of meeting up with each other once at New Brighton
Old 08-02-10, 06:16 PM   #28
Damian

Cool Re: 2010 Wirral Egg Run

Quote:

yes m8 will do let me know were is best
Old 08-02-10, 08:36 PM   #29
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
The only reason we started meeting near Cheshire Oaks was that it was more convenient for the majority of those attending from the BP. I can see it makes no sense for the Liverpool folks, but everyone one else in the Border Patrol lives south or west of the Wirral and it makes perfect sense for them. In the past we have gone back to the meet point (The Stanney Oaks pub) for lunch together before a ride out in the afternoon or head home.

We don't try to meet up at New Brighton because the number of bikes there makes that impossible.

An alternative meet point might be Tesco or B&Q at Bidston? These may be popular with other groups though.
I'm up for going back to the Stanney for some grub ('cos those rotisserie chickens were amazing last time ), but it is a bit of a trek to start from there.

What about meeting at the Glegg Arms on Gayton roundabout? We passed there on the way to New Brighton and on the way back to Clatterbridge last year and there's a good sized car park. We could even stagger the meet so that those that want to meet up at the Stanney can do, then pick anyone else up at the Glegg Arms on the way through? Means I get a lie in too!

Thoughts?
Old 08-02-10, 09:07 PM   #30
Damian

Quote:
I'm up for going back to the Stanney for some grub ('cos those rotisserie chickens were amazing last time ), but it is a bit of a trek to start from there.

What about meeting at the Glegg Arms on Gayton roundabout? We passed there on the way to New Brighton and on the way back to Clatterbridge last year and there's a good sized car park. We could even stagger the meet so that those that want to meet up at the Stanney can do, then pick anyone else up at the Glegg Arms on the way through? Means I get a lie in too!

Thoughts?
were ever we meet knock for me on the way through.. MR Stump...LOL