SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-02-07, 02:13 PM   #1
The Mass

Default Building Regs

Hi All,

Can anyone answer this for me please?

We had an internal wall in our house taken away over 2 years ago, it is/was a load bearing wall, but we had proper calculations done by a structural engineer to replace the wall with 3 huge beams.
We are now in the process of selling the house, and our solictor has told us that we may need to pay a surcharge for the wall, as we didn't have building regs check the wall. Panic stations!! do I get building regs to come out, or wait for our buyers solicitors, or seek advice from my solicitor??

Any ideas peeps please?

Cheers - Mass
Old 19-02-07, 02:24 PM   #2
Viper

Default Re: Building Regs

Shhhh.
Just put the wall back and pretend you didnt do it
Old 19-02-07, 02:25 PM   #3
Mogs

Pay the surcharge (one-off insurance payment), it's not very much. You could get Bldg Regs to take a look, but usually the things they want to see are concealed, eg the RSJ's. Thus your buyer will insist on the insurance anyway.

Where are you moving too?
Old 19-02-07, 02:35 PM   #4
The Mass

Hiya Mogs, hope all is well mate?

Long time no type mate. Need to get meself another SV, I do miss her

Anyway, yes. It seems as though you know something about this then?
Great stuff. As for moving - not very far. Only down 1 junction of M4. Bigger house, kids, dogs - ye know the score.

Got sick of this house on New years day - yep I had my head down the backed up cess pitt, as if I needed an excuse to puke that day!
That did it for me, I spent 2 hours in the pi$$in down rain trying to unblock the cess pitt on New Years day. As soon as I had finished, I walked in "Drenched" and said to Mrs Mass - Put this up for sale - I've had enough!

There begineth the story.

So mate, what more can you tell me about this surcharge? is it a done deal thing with solicitors - is it normal and so on? loads to ask - but don't knw how to - if you know what I mean.

Cheers - Mass