SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-03-09, 12:31 PM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default New members....

How many people are taking up biking/buying sv's at the mo?! Is it just me or does there seem to be a constant flow of new members on this site? There's tonnes of new user's turning up regularly and it seems like the only forums where users register and then stick around to become familiar names next to a growing post count...

It's great so, when we getting some sv650.org business cards made up to leave on parked sv's? We gotta advertise

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 12:35 PM   #2
jamesterror

Default Re: New members....

Me .

I'm still scouting for an SV
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 12:44 PM   #3
appollo1
Mega Poster

Don't knock it - new members are great and always welcome on here. There are lots of SV's I saw at the weekend but in the Ecosse site nobody admitted to it being them.

Why have business cards made up? If you have access to a laminator then make up a few " sorry to bother you but noticed your bike and wondered if you ever went on the SV650.org" cards. People will soon start coming on the site (hopefully) and it saves the embarrassment of chasing someone down the street to ask them.
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 12:47 PM   #4
Geoffrey

my lad should be joining up at some point, he searches on here all the time for info, and he has had his sv for nearly two years now.
Old 25-03-09, 12:47 PM   #5
jamesterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by appollo1 View Post
Don't knock it - new members are great and always welcome on here. There are lots of SV's I saw at the weekend but in the Ecosse site nobody admitted to it being them.

Why have business cards made up? If you have access to a laminator then make up a few " sorry to bother you but noticed your bike and wondered if you ever went on the SV650.org" cards. People will soon start coming on the site (hopefully) and it saves the embarrassment of chasing someone down the street to ask them.
When you search "SV650" this site appears at the top on Google, so if people needed help / advice I'm sure they'd assume to visit here
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 12:55 PM   #6
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
so, when we getting some sv650.org business cards made up to leave on parked sv's? We gotta advertise
got mine about 2 years ago
Old 25-03-09, 01:10 PM   #7
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by appollo1 View Post
Don't knock it - new members are great and always welcome on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
It's great

I'm sure if you read my original post again, you'll realise I was talking about it in a positive way

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-09, 01:18 PM   #8
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesterror View Post
When you search "SV650" this site appears at the top on Google, so if people needed help / advice I'm sure they'd assume to visit here

Exactly what brought me here, I've had mine for a year but came here looking for advice on doing a service.

Read a few things and thought I'd sign up, your community spirit was your selling point. It may be what encourages other people to join up.

I know if I was going to go on rides with people I'd want to know they were a decent bunch first. Any outsider who reads this forum will see that straight away.
Old 25-03-09, 01:25 PM   #9
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
got mine about 2 years ago
Likewise...

There's a link on the front page to a link to a link somewhere...
Old 25-03-09, 04:45 PM   #10
keithd

my favorite new members are the one's which advertise cheap Nike's, at least 80% off. i got meself sneakered out for the next 9 months at least