SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-11, 12:34 PM   #1
Vergey

Default GSXR Front end conversion -SOLD

Everything needed for a GSXR front end conversion, taken from a K5 GSXR 750.

Includes:
Wheel
Forks
Yokes (correct top yoke to continue to use steering lock)
Brakes (including hoses, and master cylinder)
Bearings
GSXR Clip on handlebars
Hall Effect Sensor and magnets for speedo fix (8 magnets- ideal for later pointy SV's)

Not included:tyre- putting this on my SV front end, and everyone has their own preference towards tyres.

This was fitted to my K4 SV for all of a week before I notified my insurance company and they told me that they wouldnt insure me if I had these modifications. Apparently being under 25 means I am not allowed to do any modifications deemed to increase performance. So they have had to come off, and I cannot afford to keep them for another 3 yrs until I turn 25, because if I could I would, they are amazing.

I did however spend the time getting the speedo fix working, so this really does take the most difficult part of the fork conversion away. This will literally be a bolt on modification with all the hard work done.

As for condiditon one of the discs is slightly warn with an ever so slight lip forming, the other has had less use with no lip on the disc. The pads still have plenty of meat left on them. The brakes on this really are fantastic compared to the SV brakes. There is also a spare disc included, which was fitted when i bought the front end, but was bent, so I have replaced the bent disc, but will include it as motoliner in maidstone will straighten discs for £30 for a pair, I just didnt have the time to wait.

I am looking for £850 OVNO +p&p. I can organise a courier to deliver the item, if I remember correctly it was about £40, as it is 3 large packages. Or the item can be collected from Oxted, Surrey. If necessary i can deliver within 20 miles.

This will also be going on to eBay later this week, but I wanted to give a fellow Org'er the chance to snap it up first.

Old 19-07-11, 12:39 PM   #2
Vergey

Default Re: GSXR Front end conversion

Oh also included a new set of fork seals as one is seeping ever so slightly, and a bottle of 5W fork oil (recommended for K5 GSXR 750)

Old 21-07-11, 12:29 AM   #3
muttley_19

if only it was half the price

Old 22-07-11, 07:13 PM   #4
Vergey

Ok £800, and willing to take sensible offers

Old 22-07-11, 07:42 PM   #5
barwel1992

******** im 19 and have every thing in my sig listed on my insurance .. and have done since i was 18

Old 22-07-11, 07:46 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Barwell - when did you renew/last buy? Things have changed drastically this year, I did my same annual ring round (3 days worth, lotsa companies), I found ONE company willing to insure me with mods. Spoke to a lot of the underwriters, got no where - some (aviva and maybe others) have even banned pillions!

OP- everytime I've been asked whether a mod increases performance and I've asked them to clarify they've said "does it add power?". Suspension certainly doesn't, might be worth double checking with them.
Old 22-07-11, 08:26 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

insurance thing is BS, find a different insurer.

Bikesure, carole nash, falcon bikes have all insured me with mods and more.

BTW I would say you have "uprated suspension and brakes" rather than "oh i bodged on the front end off a GSXR I found in a skip with a massive hammer and some twisty ties"
Old 22-07-11, 08:33 PM   #8
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Spoke to a lot of the underwriters, got no where - some (aviva and maybe others) have even banned pillions!

Eh? I've just re-insured my 3 bikes through Carole Nash, the policy is underwritten by Aviva and I've got pillion cover on 'em all no problems
Old 22-07-11, 08:38 PM   #9
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
insurance thing is BS, find a different insurer.

Bikesure, carole nash, falcon bikes have all insured me with mods and more.

BTW I would say you have "uprated suspension and brakes" rather than "oh i bodged on the front end off a GSXR I found in a skip with a massive hammer and some twisty ties"
+1, Carole Nash is who I'm insured with, the guy over the phone said its a good thing uprated brakes and suspension.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
Old 22-07-11, 08:47 PM   #10
barwel1992

im with aviva same mods and pillion ect renewal is on the 30th all mods still on policy but cant aford it this time as its gone up £350 so bikes getting sorn on the 30th

Closed Thread