SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-01-06, 11:07 PM   #1
nickj

Default Thinking of selling my SV

Thinking of selling the SV to get something different like an CBR600RR or daytona.

What do you all think is a reasonable price i could expect.

It's a 2001 black curvy SV650S, 19k on the clock but full s/h (if i can find the receipts)
Has a full renegade exhaust system, powerbronze screen, tail tidy and belly pan and is very clean. Datatool alarm/immobiliser.
Just had service and mot.
I have the original can as well.
Old 19-01-06, 09:39 AM   #2
Anonymous

50p
Old 19-01-06, 09:44 AM   #3
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyowen
50p
it aint comet y'know

another quality post owen. what is your purpose?
Old 19-01-06, 09:52 AM   #4
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Mine was a 99S with about 28k miles and I got £2,200 from the insurance when it was written off.

Realistically, I would have expected about £1,500 if I was selling privately.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-06, 01:29 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

I know you probably know this, but far better to refit the standard parts and sell them seperately- they don't add much value except to the right buyer, and can put some people off.

Prices can vary a lot... My local dealers just sold a yellow curvy of some sort (K1 I think?) with crash damage, bodged flush-mounts, otherwise more or less standard, for a hair under £3000. Mental...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-06, 01:36 PM   #6
Balky001
Mega Poster

Northwind beat me to it - I would get it back to original standard and sell the other parts separately.
Old 19-01-06, 03:24 PM   #7
nickj

Yeah i am thinking about putting it back to standard but if i can convince the missus to let me change it then i would rather sell it as is because it looks so much better.

[/b]
Old 19-01-06, 03:53 PM   #8
Ping

I find that really odd... When I found Roger he had his race can and all his extras fitted (and was covered in stickers which came off as soon as we got home) and I fell in love with him there and then.

He came with a road legal exhaust for MOTs (which I put back on after I bought him 'til I was confident).

But it was how he looked that drew my eye. I'd seen a standard sv in a previous shop but it didn't make me want that bike there and then... Why would non-standard put people off? Or is this just a case of me being 'the right buyer'?

Old 19-01-06, 06:02 PM   #9
rob13

when i bought my bike off spike, i was glad of the extras. I think if you have tasteful extras, along with the originals supplied, then i think you may get a bit more. If id seen my bike and another which was original but £100 or so cheaper, i think id have chosen mine. end of the day it all comes down to who wants to buy it.
Old 19-01-06, 08:38 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Extras can add value, but usually less than they're worth seperately- since if you have a bike with a full system you're trying to sell it to someone who wants a bike with a full system, while if you sperate them you're sellng to someone who wants a bike, and someone else who wants a system. See?

Standard is good for a lot of people- reduces insurance for one thing, and gives them a blank canvas. Mine came with a perfectly good hugger, I just didn't like it, so when it came to setting a price I ignored it.

Sometimes an extra will help- mine had a Pyramids bellypan that made it look, I don';t know, beefier than standard. Set a very good first impression.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote