SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 02-10-17, 09:24 AM   #1
veenee

Default For sale - naked SV650 K8 - now sold

Hi All,

With a great regret I've decided to sell my trusty steed - SV650N K8.

I had it since 2011, and it has never failed me - I used it for about a year for commuting (2011/2012).
I bought it used from Laguna Motorcycles in Maidstone.

When I got it, it had ca. 3000 miles on the clock - right now it has 16538.

In the last 4 years I have not used it as much as I'd like as I started working mostly from home - so it became more of a weekend blast than everyday pleasure.

Anyway, here are some details:

SV650 K8, naked, thunder gray.
16538 miles
Nitron shock (worth itself more than £300)
K-Tech springs
BlueFlame exhaust (removable muffler - oh, that sound!)
Heated grips
Tail tidy
Seat cowl (scratched as I didn't lock it properly once and it dropped right after I took off - doh!)
Shorty adjustable levers
Kawasaki mirrors (I still have originals)
Fenda extenda
Crash protectors

Regular pillion seat and handle with fixing also comes with a bike.

The bike is Cat C - I had some intelligent van driver backing into me a few years ago (while stationary, but on the road). Luckily, I could still ride the bike - so I took it to Steve Jordan's (very respectable local bike garage - cannot recommend them enough).
They did the estimate and insurance decided it was more than the bike was worth at the time (ca. £3k), so I kept it as 'scrap' - you know the drill.
Steve Jordan's people fixed it for around £1k and I was back on the road - I still have the bill with the details of what has been fixed (mostly cosmetics - I had crash protectors on at the time of the incident).
It never had a problem with MOT afterwards, and I put 10k miles on it since.

Last MOT done in April (at SJ as well), so was 15k service (without valve clearance).
I did just a couple of hundred miles since then (second bike arrived).

It was garaged the whole time I had it (and still is).

I am looking to get £1500 for it.

As you can see in the pictures, it is in truly excellent condition.
Sorry to see it go, but Z1000SX does everything I need the bike for, and it's just a shame SV is sitting there in the garage unused.

Located in Surrey.

Last edited by veenee; 19-10-17 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-10-17, 07:17 PM   #2
Bnen

Default Re: For sale - naked SV650 K8

Holy Cow what a coincidence, my ad for my SV is right next to yours and I've just got a Green Z1000SX. How're you finding it!
Old 03-10-17, 03:52 PM   #3
veenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnen View Post
Holy Cow what a coincidence, my ad for my SV is right next to yours and I've just got a Green Z1000SX. How're you finding it!
It seems like we have similar taste when it comes to bikes...
Old 18-10-17, 08:24 AM   #4
veenee

Sold!