SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 08-08-11, 05:28 PM   #81
Specialone

Default Re: Taken out at Cadwell :-(

In fairness, he has publicly apologised which on a forum where people know him can't be easy.
Old 08-08-11, 06:22 PM   #82
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Now he knows he's not going to get his head kicked in or similar i'd be curious to know if he's offered any sort of financial retribution. Has he Druid?
Old 08-08-11, 06:27 PM   #83
svtomo

This guy is a class A king size kn0b end in my book!
So hes apologised on an internet forum, big fookin whoop.
After causing some1 to crash a bike (wrong place wrong time for FD, just unlucky, thats the risk etc), to just do 1 without offering an apology really makes my blood boil (that vid and story has made me actually angry!).
Then the spineless idiot thinks he can apologise from behind a computer screen and everythings alright?!
This is after how he was bragging how good his new bike is and how fast he can ride it just hours after the incident. If he gave a tiny fook he would have tried to get your details from the organisers so he could say sorry without being tracked down himself!
And now his mate (who sounds as though he was there aswell) has replied on the youtube vid and called FD a tw&t for outing him. But to be fair the cant be all bad, apparently they waited a whole HALF AN HOUR after the crash (which took place at the very start of a presumably 20mins session).
If only they did 'bikers only' track days and d1cks like this wouldnt get a look in.

and breathe...........
Old 08-08-11, 06:52 PM   #84
darkdreamsgal

Glad to see he apologised, FD, though it's small consolation, of course.

By the way, how on earth did you pass the sound test?! Everytime your bike came up the mountain I swear I expected to see a tractor! lol

J
Old 08-08-11, 07:04 PM   #85
beabert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I've just realized he put up that thread about the same day he took you out, what a *****!
Thats what bugs me most about the whole thing! Kind of nullifies any apology.

As for riding off, most people try to avoid confrontation at all cost, people act hard all the time but its nearly always a front. So i can understand why he rode off, (Im not condoning it)

However, then to later go online bragging about his day with no mention of what he did, he obviously feels no guilt and has no empathy. Total git.

I personally couldn't do a track day unless i knew i had the means to pay for any damage i might do. Id feel too guilty for not being able to pay, and would therefor worry about exactly these types of situations.

Last edited by beabert; 08-08-11 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-08-11, 08:32 PM   #86
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdreamsgal View Post
By the way, how on earth did you pass the sound test?! Everytime your bike came up the mountain I swear I expected to see a tractor! lol
Tractor!?!

It's not that loud on a part throttle. Passes easily. It just gets very loud indeed on full throttle.

I've been re-tested more times than I can count. Officials have asked me in disbelief how it passes, I was even retested in the assembly area when the officials didn't believe I hadn't swapped to a noiser can or similar.

Druid
Old 08-08-11, 08:37 PM   #87
hardhat_harry

Mines the same 100db being tested at 5K but v loud at full throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdruid View Post
Tractor!?!

It's not that loud on a part throttle. Passes easily. It just gets very loud indeed on full throttle.

I've been re-tested more times than I can count. Officials have asked me in disbelief how it passes, I was even retested in the assembly area when the officials didn't believe I hadn't swapped to a noiser can or similar.

Druid
Old 08-08-11, 09:05 PM   #88
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
What a t*at (not you). He didn't even stop to see if you were ok?
A part of every trackday briefing reminds all riders that in the event of an incident you are not to stop on or off the track to see if someone who is down is ok. There are trained marshals on site to do that for you and having another stationary bike sitting there for someone else to hit is not a good thing. If you're down as well then fair enough, go over and check, but if you can still ride you ought to go back to the pits and check your own bike for damage before heading back out on track again.... or wait for the fallen rider to come in so you can apologise at the very least.

I'm not condoning the R1 rider's actions, far from it; I think the guy is a grade A tw4t and should be banned from future trackdays as he obviously uses them for time testing, evidenced by his posts on the R1 forum detailing his lap times. He showed his true colours when he loaded up and disappeared before Druid had a chance to confront him and then posted about how wonderful his riding is on that R1 forum just hours later with no mention of the fact he wiped another rider out. That is truly despicable behaviour.