SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 03-06-05, 10:11 AM   #1
bobw

Default Scottish Roads

Amn't able to make it on the Scottish trip but am off work next week so seriously considering heading off to Scotland for a few days on the bike. The rough plan at the minute is to maybe get the ferry across from belfast and blast up to Fort William or something and maybe stay there for a day or 2 and go from there.

Anyone any ideas on good roads or anything or good places to go or anything really (a very rough idea as I said ha ha)? Anyone done anything similar before or have any hints or tips??

Cheers,
Rob.
Old 03-06-05, 12:12 PM   #2
scooby2102

Hey Rob, how you doin mate

There are loads of good roads, scenic and challenging etc both up the neck of the woods that you are planning. There are also some crackers around the south east and borders area.

Found an absolute belter last weekend, if you want I can post a map with the mileage etc, also can post some piccies of the area etc.

Let me know mate

ps
Will be going in the opposite direction in August to your home land, did a round the coast tour last year and really enjoyed it but had only 5 days, doing the same again in August around the coast but taking 13 days this time so I can go to all the places I never managed last year.