SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 09-11-05, 09:35 PM   #1
mrs fud

Default Sv1000's gone and I can't ride mine.......

Got up last week to find water coming out of the ceiling, got plumber out and it is the water tank.....to cut a long story short, turns out water tank is kn***ed but to get to it they had to take out the partitioning wall (that had my shower on it) out and the bath - then the tiles - to then find the plaster was like powder so that needed doing as well. So we needed to get our hands on some cash a.s.a.p. so Dave's bike was sold to Slinger's motorcycles The plumber that we had started to rip all the bathroom out on wednesday last week only to find that we still had lead piping too could things get any worse - "OH YES" on Thursday morning the plumber took my gas fire and back boiler out then told me to sit down and then proceeded to tell me that he wanted an EXTRA £1300 I told him that I wasn't happy and to go home as I wanted a second opinion on the job.

All in all this cowboy wanted £3,700 for the job and now we are getting it done for £2,000.

So after sacking him I was left with my home in bits and no plumber, yes....I had a good cry about it all but we are now sorted and the new plumber is coming with his guy's on Friday. So when the new boiler goes in we will have heating and hot water again as all we have had for the last ten day's is cold water and a flushing loo.

But if thing's were not bad enough, Dave has put my SV onto his insurance so that he will keep his no claims and the insurer that he is with will not insure it as a two rider policy so I can't ride my bike so I am now a pillion with a full license

ITS NOT FAIR......LIFE SUCKS

Jo.
Old 09-11-05, 09:42 PM   #2
BURNER

Sorry to hear about the plumbing hassles Jo, Dave must be gutted he had to flog the thou?
Old 09-11-05, 09:45 PM   #3
mrs fud

Yep, he's gutted but at least he can still ride mine.

Jo.
Old 09-11-05, 09:54 PM   #4

comiserations on the loss of the bike and the plumbing mess...

im sure u have gone down this route however house insurance usually covers you for ascociated works for rectifying an issue that arose from a fault?

My apologies if u have already explored this route...

hope things get better soon...

Alex
Old 09-11-05, 10:23 PM   #5
mrs fud

If only Alex, the house insurance have said that they will pay for the damage done to the ceiling but that is it as it is wear and tear on the tank (ok, I accept that) but they said that they will not pay for any repairs that have to be taken to get the tank out......so in the end I think that we will end up about £4,000 out of pocket.

So, my piggin' question is.....what am I paying my piggin' insurance for then When you need them they just can't be bothered but they are quick enough to take your money. (Sorry, rant over)

Jo
Old 09-11-05, 10:55 PM   #6
El Saxo

gutted for you & mr fud

so it's not just bike insurance that's a con then

hope you get everything sorted out soon.
Old 09-11-05, 11:25 PM   #7
amarko5

good god

hope things improve for you jo n dave

looks like your having a crap time at the mo.
Old 09-11-05, 11:46 PM   #8
mudge32

NIGHTMARE on both counts!!

Hey ho, I hope everything sorts itself out for the pair of you
Old 10-11-05, 07:48 AM   #9
Peter Henry

Oh Jo that is really sh*tty!
Old 10-11-05, 07:56 AM   #10
ivantate

Terrible news, especially having to sell a machine.

One of the joys of home owning, its not all buy one and sell it for a massive profit!!
I bought a house 2 years ago and am dreading a situation like this.