SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 09-02-10, 09:45 AM   #931
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2165 View Post
divorce is an expensive pastime.
So why is it my 'husband' is getting away without coughing up a bean!
I dont want him to give up the house he's in because it's been the kids home since we moved into the area 5 years ago, its mortgaged to the max and everything in it he has kept because the mortgage was extended to pay for it all so he pays the debts, he keeps the goods.
To try and get a divorce settlement out of him would force him to sell the house, which i wont do cos the kids love it.
Which means he gets the house, the contents, has a good income, a great pension and doesnt pay any kind ofdivorce settlement, whereas i do and buy everything for the kids, have a house thats furnished due to the generosity of friends and family (my sister bought all our beds, my mum the tv, kitchen stuff, jeff got the sofas and loads more, dining table from my best friend and so on...)
After 10 years of looking after him and his kids i come out with nothing. To fight for something would cause the kids a huge amount of distress which i wont do. I never wanted our family to fall apart, i offered him everything and tried for years more than other women would have, but he just couldnt be ar$ed to be a proper husband or father.
Life can feel very unfair when all you want to do is give your kids the best start you can.

I was gonna ride my bike this morning, but after reading about thulfie's off i'm not sure i should.... i'm really fed up!!
Why am i telling you all this, i have no idea. Sorry But i love you all xx

(and no Speedy, thats not in any stalking, bunny-boiling way )
Old 09-02-10, 11:18 AM   #932
Mike2165

Divorced twice and came out with nothing too. Could be worse, you could be speedys used and abused plaything!!
Old 09-02-10, 11:33 AM   #933
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
So why is it my 'husband' is getting away without coughing up a bean!
I dont want him to give up the house he's in because it's been the kids home since we moved into the area 5 years ago, its mortgaged to the max and everything in it he has kept because the mortgage was extended to pay for it all so he pays the debts, he keeps the goods.
To try and get a divorce settlement out of him would force him to sell the house, which i wont do cos the kids love it.
Which means he gets the house, the contents, has a good income, a great pension and doesnt pay any kind ofdivorce settlement, whereas i do and buy everything for the kids, have a house thats furnished due to the generosity of friends and family (my sister bought all our beds, my mum the tv, kitchen stuff, jeff got the sofas and loads more, dining table from my best friend and so on...)
After 10 years of looking after him and his kids i come out with nothing. To fight for something would cause the kids a huge amount of distress which i wont do. I never wanted our family to fall apart, i offered him everything and tried for years more than other women would have, but he just couldnt be ar$ed to be a proper husband or father.
Life can feel very unfair when all you want to do is give your kids the best start you can.

I was gonna ride my bike this morning, but after reading about thulfie's off i'm not sure i should.... i'm really fed up!!
Why am i telling you all this, i have no idea. Sorry But i love you all xx

(and no Speedy, thats not in any stalking, bunny-boiling way )
Kj, Hun, if that is the case you really can't let your ex keep getting away with paying nothing towards the kids. He's their father FFS! If he wants the jolliness of having them to visit he has got to take on some responsibility for them. It's not doing you or the kids any good if you are constantly having to scratch around for money just to feed you all, and it's certainly not fair to you all.

Stand up to him and tell him that unless he makes a contribution you WILL take the legal way to force him to. I'm not being funny, but he must be laughing up his sleeve getting away with not paying a penny.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 05:30 PM   #934
Rob969

Well got my speedo sorted today, went out to get a front paddock stand only to find out they had none in stock so took my bike to my local bike place and he changed the rotor for only 5 of the finest english pounds, bargain.
Old 09-02-10, 05:37 PM   #935
speedplay

Quote:
Divorced twice and came out with nothing too. Could be worse, you could be speedys used and abused plaything!!

She wouldn't know what happened to her

I take the easy option and don't get married. Live in sin, its more fun
Old 09-02-10, 07:39 PM   #936
Mike2165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
Well got my speedo sorted today, went out to get a front paddock stand only to find out they had none in stock so took my bike to my local bike place and he changed the rotor for only 5 of the finest english pounds, bargain.
Cheaper than a front stand
Old 09-02-10, 07:40 PM   #937
Mike2165

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
She wouldn't know what happened to her

I take the easy option and don't get married. Live in sin, its more fun
Oh I don't know, I think KJ might be more woman than you can handle
Old 09-02-10, 07:40 PM   #938
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
A fiver well spent
Old 09-02-10, 07:44 PM   #939
kellyjo

Quote:
Oh I don't know, I think KJ might be more woman than you can handle
You are sooo right there !!! He's but a young pup who wouldn't know where to start with a woman like me
Old 09-02-10, 08:49 PM   #940
Seggons

Sounds like the KJ we all know and love is back.