SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-08-21, 08:41 AM   #21
ethariel

Default Re: Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
scientists will defend their study blindly even when they are proved wrong. even when they are right half of the science community will say they are wrong.

you have to remember that some very intelligent people think the world is flat...

FFS we cant even predict the day to day weather properly so what chance do we have of predicting climate change.
A good portion of my job these days is presenting Statistical Reports to our client.

Any data source can be interpreted into a myriad of possible outcomes, a huge amount of possibilities are based on both personal preference and what your client wants out of the data, in essence you pay someone to manipulate the data to your needs.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-21, 09:38 AM   #22
shiftin_gear98

And there was me thinking this thread would all be about eating veg. Which I am doing more of as I am cutting down on practically everything else with this diet lark.

For what it's worth, as a household we try to do our bit. All my kids are really keen to do what we can.
But I do feel it is all a little pointless when seeing countless news clips from other countries where there are piles of rubbish everywhere or worse they are burning it.
It does make me think what is the point of me recycling the little I use, when whole counties couldn't give a ****.
If I had more money I'd love an electric car. But I don't see me getting one any time ever.

As a race we are screwed. But then we have been buggering up this place since we got here.

Curse that bloody snake and that apple.(S.) - PS I can't remember the sarcasm thing.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 24-08-21 at 09:39 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-21, 09:46 AM   #23
ethariel

Look on the bright side, from 2030 only electric and Hybrid cars and vans will be available for purchase new in the UK, from 2035 this is supposed to change to fully electric cars and vans.

Having had a good read through the Gvm't document on the change, it does not mention hybrid or electric motorcycles so we be safe for now.
Old 25-08-21, 09:39 AM   #24
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Look on the bright side, from 2030 only electric and Hybrid cars and vans will be available for purchase new in the UK, from 2035 this is supposed to change to fully electric cars and vans.

Having had a good read through the Gvm't document on the change, it does not mention hybrid or electric motorcycles so we be safe for now.
Until someone with a loud pipe rides past the green party headquarters and reminds them that we exist.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-21, 09:15 PM   #25
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
Until someone with a loud pipe rides past the green party headquarters and reminds them that we exist.
fun fact Robin Harper was my modern studies teacher at school.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-21, 09:33 AM   #26
ethariel

Talking Re: Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
Spot on there, just had a 465C cam installed, new zorst due in next month
Old 26-08-21, 12:04 PM   #27
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Stereotyping. Making it easier for one person to dehumanise and criticise other humans for whom they possess an idealogical hatred.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-21, 06:52 PM   #28
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Stereotyping. Making it easier for one person to dehumanise and criticise other humans for whom they possess an idealogical hatred.

I thought stereo-typing was using both hands to type

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 06:42 AM   #29
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I thought stereo-typing was using both hands to type
... and I thought it was avoiding monospaced fonts in documents.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 01:05 PM   #30
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

My degree is in Environmental Science, I studied Climate change, plus the agricultural, industrial and societal causes of it. I left Uni in 1997 and later qualified as a teacher, where I tried to teach kids about the world and the climate crisis through outdoor and environmental education... To apathy, disinterest and then several violent assaults that pushed me out of teaching forever. I don't care anymore. I made an informed choice and never had kids. As for the rest of the world, F**k 'em.

I'm quite happy knowing that the world is not in any danger at all. OK, it might become difficult for us to live on it for a while, but in geological time, our existence is a blink of the eye and when we die out, the world will simply carry on. Evolution will create new life forms that can survive what we did and don't forget, extinction is an entirely natural event too.

For those who do care, good luck trying to persuade the industrialise nations that do the most damage, to do less. The almighty dollar rules.

Long may we live and die out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote