SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-10-13, 10:03 PM   #1
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Tickling and knifing people

Ok, so I have this theory about tickling and knifing people. Makes perfect sense to me.

I remember seeing this marine training video years ago which taught you how to take someone out with a knife. They cut major arteries so people bled out very quickly and most importantly of all, they shut up. I think it was on CBBC, but I could be wrong. Anyway, basically they get the pointy thing and damage their assailant in a nasty way, hitting key areas.

What were the key areas that I remember? Well, obviously the neck, because as everyone knows, the neck contains a little juggler from the circus. Also they go for under the arm, where a major artery runs which supplies blood to fingers which are used for swearing. Another was the inner thigh, which is obviously a sexy area, as it's close to the sexy bits. Those are the ones I remember.

Now, I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the most ticklish areas are your neck, your arm pits, and your inner thigh. My theory is that us hairless apes have a natural inbuilt ticklishness in those areas because they contain major arteries and we need to protect them. When a naughty girl wiggles her digits in your arm pit your natural instinct is to giggle, pull away, and then in my case, knock her the feck out. I believe that's our natural response to protect areas that if wounded could result in our untimely demise and a lot of cleaning.

What do you think? Is ticklishness a fun and silly giggly response which has no real purpose except to make you look like a little girl, or a mechanism to protect you from being killed dead? Is ticklishness actually extremely manly because it means you have an elite defence mechanism programmed into your nervous system?

This does raise an interesting point though. What about people who aren't ticklish? Aside from being inhuman, are they easier to kill with a knife? I bet they are. I bet you could just slip a knife between their thighs at the coffee shop and they'd just sit there reading a magazine and not even realise it'd happened. Throwbacks, the lot of them.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)

Last edited by Fallout; 31-10-13 at 10:06 PM.
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 10:06 PM   #2
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tickling and knifing people

I'm not ticklish, and I often think up different scenarios of how I'd most like to kill you.
Old 31-10-13, 10:09 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

you will find that the non ticklish ones are the ones who will knife you as they have no feeling.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 10:11 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

food poisoning

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 10:18 PM   #5
Fruity-ya-ya

Interesting question though i'm not sure all areas that are sensative to tickleidge carry a vital blood supply.
Some people are ticklish on their hands and feet or on the end of thier nose/ears. Perhaps someone who knows about reflexology or pressure points might be able to explain as it's thought some seemingly unrelated areas are linked to vital organs.
Old 31-10-13, 11:00 PM   #6
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Drugs are bad m'kay
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 12:07 AM   #7
rb8989

Yeah I don't laugh, I lash out when tickled, I do warn people.
Old 01-11-13, 01:49 AM   #8
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Not ticklish here, but this is a learned response due to having a father who thought it great fun to tickle us until we screamed.

As I recall being tickled is a response that is based in anxiety, it is more to do with the fear of being tickled than the actual tickling action. Also that kind of sensation is linked on the pain scale and is a way of confusing the body. Biologically I cannot imagine what use it would be, other than to fend off parasites who make the skin tickle when walking across it.

It really annoys the wife that I do not respond to being tickled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 07:49 AM   #9
Spank86

my most ticklish spot is my stomach and if you knife me there I'll writhe around screaming for hours before expiring.
Old 01-11-13, 08:33 AM   #10
dkid

Default Tickling and knifing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I remember seeing this marine training video years ago which taught you how to take someone out with a knife. They cut major arteries so people bled out very quickly and most importantly of all, they shut up. I think it was on CBBC, but I could be wrong.
I need to seriously review what my kids are watching I think!

Last edited by dkid; 01-11-13 at 08:55 AM.