SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-07-05, 03:54 PM   #1
sv4me
Mega Poster

Default That time of year already?

When the local council starts "resurfacing" the roads or to put it another way scrape all the tarmac off your favourite roads and leave it like a gravel trap for a few months

Obviously coming upto budget time and they need to spend their lot otherwise they wont get the same amount nexy year huh? what really honks me off is they pull up perfectly good roads and ignore those that really need attention with big potholes or divets

My stepmums on the planning commitee for the local council and I asked her once whether any of these so called road planners actually drive? because they seem to miss all the worst roads

She said oh yes,they all drive big mercs and bm's. And they park them outside their big houses.....go figure
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-05, 04:02 PM   #2
Carsick

I don't think it's the end of the budget period, that's about the same time as the financial year and you can spot it as the mini-roundabouts start to breed.
I have noticed quite alot of roads being resurfaced recently, some seemed necessary, others didn't
I just hate the way they put down that crappy gravel stuff which they just end up putting down again in 5 years.
Old 20-07-05, 04:05 PM   #3
Iansv

yeah the same old roads they dig up every year round here have been up again recently....

never touch the lanes I use to go to work which are getting steadily worse every week