SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-12-06, 08:14 PM   #11
Blue_SV650S

robchester - I was with (and as it turned out still with ) motorcycle Direct too ...

As for postcodes ... that's a point ... according to a survey post someone else put up a week or so ago, I live in the highest accident risk postcode (outside London that is). That must effect my premium??
Old 30-12-06, 08:32 PM   #12
kwak zzr

if i loose 2 years NCB and up'ing to the thou, my insurance will go stupid come april
Old 30-12-06, 08:42 PM   #13
netsurfer

Rampdale did me an excellent deal - £172 for me too... passed my test 7 days before starting the policy, also one named rider (4 years younger, had test for 4 years, and female)
Bike in a locked garage at night in a rural area. Excess I cant recall, think it was £250

TPFT also with Equity Red Star and also entitled to ride other bikes not owned or on HP to me.

Pete
Old 31-12-06, 08:57 AM   #14
james160987

hope you dont have an accident while being with rampdale/equity red star,

when i was with them i had an accident, they never told me whos fault it was deemed, when i left them i asked and they said it was the other persons fault as it says you have 3 years no claims on our system, so jolly old me went off, got my insurance from someone else, used my apaaent 3 years no claims,

1 month later in the post comes my no claims certifate, 1 year, i ring up to be told theyd made a mistake i was at fault so only had 1 year,

ring back current insurers and amend my new policy

now i ask you, think i had an accident in tha month, i was technicly un insured as id lied (through no fault of my own) to my new insurance about how many no claims i had
Old 31-12-06, 10:15 AM   #15
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjack
£163 fully comp, incl £25 legal expenses cover, 3 years NCB, with Bennets, garaged, clean licence, £200 excess, K5 naked, but I'm 56. I thought that was expensive.
Similar position as oldJack, I'm with Bennets too. Fully comp with roadside and european breakdown cover - I pay about £212 - No NCD though and I cannot ride other bikes. - had a licence for about 10 years but only rode on a full licence for a year. Long before that I had a bikes as a teenager but never took a test.

John
Old 31-12-06, 12:25 PM   #16
Heed

I'm 26 but the SV is my first bike after passing my test at 21 with work. I pay £212 TPFT and that allows me to ride any other bikes third party only. So if I was an unscrupulous chap I could go any buy myself a nice Gixxer 750 and ride it 3rd party. However I'd probably kill myself and the wife hates the SV let alone a full on sportsbike.
Old 31-12-06, 05:08 PM   #17
sinbad

04 650s.
First bike, license held for only a month on purchase of the bike. Garaged, low-risk postcode. £425 fully-comp, social-domestic, pleasure and commuting. No mileage limitations. Pillions allowed. £200 excess. No cover for riding other bikes (Perhaps just as well though )
That's with H&R. I tried dozens too.
Old 31-12-06, 05:16 PM   #18
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
just renewed with Ebike £348 fully comp with business use for all 4 bikes listed below. (with loads of modifications)
Do you get to ride other ppls bikes?
yes tpo
I would check that again.. I was with ebike on FC and they would not allow you to ride other bikes. They had a system though that you called them up and could insure youself to ride another bike at the same insurance level as your policy, but it costs.

This is what they have listed on their site at the moment.
Quote:
Q: Am I covered third party to ride any bike? Can I ride a friend’s bike? Can I get temporary cover on someone else’s bike?

A: No.

We do not provide a 'Driving Other Vehicles' extension on the policy.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-06, 05:49 PM   #19
mac608

£127 FC,protected 6yrs NCB, Xcess £200 - through Adelaine Insurance Services 028 9033 0142. Does help that I'm old & wrinkled.

The policy is with Equity Red Star
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-06, 06:51 PM   #20
MidgetMoose

Have i got the most expensive insureance by far?

mines about £800, 23 riding for a year But i've been driving a car since i was 17 no NCB because of named driver and cancellation as i snapped my leg in half, i've never claimed for anything.....