SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 06-08-09, 11:10 AM   #31
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Newbie trackday advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Good advice - cheers soulkiss (just pm'd you asking about it actually) . I'll just keep within my limits and try my best to keep it rubber side down!
this is the key point and one i myself need to look at a little harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
I wouldn't worry about falling you'll probably find that you feel more comfortable going into the corners on your Sv than a lot of people on more expensive quicker bikes, I did 1 a couple of weeks ago at Snett after only riding for a coulple of months and felt that I was riding well within mine and the SV's comfort zone but i was still quicker than a lot of other bikes, If you feel like your holding people up let tham past and try and learn from the quicker riders, look at the lines there taking and even talk to them in the pits asking if they have any tips most people will gladly give you a few pointers. Above all enjoy yourself and ride safe, one of the best things to learn whilst on the track is how hard you can actually brake safely, During my track day i think i pretty much halved my braking zone by the end of the day just make it a gradual progression.
i would disagree with this, you should not be worrying at all about what's behind you, you're not riding on the road. it's up to the people behind you to pass you in a safe manor and if there is someone who's being a pratt all the time then tell one of the officials, because they'll only end up ruing your or someone else's day.

i would talk to people, but not randomers.i'd talk to the instructors they have there on the day as they are qualified and free.

you'll have a good day, just concentrate, tape up/fold/remove your mirrors, tape up your speedo (but not your rev counter), warm your tyres for the first couple of laps of each session regardless of whether they have any "sighting laps". you'll soon learn what you and your bike are capable of and may be surprised how well the sv suspension can cope on smooth roads.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:20 AM   #32
muffles

IMO the main thing is ride within your limits/comfortably/etc and you'll have no problems. It'll give you room for those surprise/stupid overtakes people will occasionally pull. Warm your tyres as said, it makes a difference whether you can feel it through the tyres or not.
Old 07-08-09, 02:14 AM   #33
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
What colour?

What is also a Remus exhaust, or one of the motogp style ones?

Not heard a stubby yet, all those lot live mid country upwards. All us Southern Fairys use proper exhuast systems

You bought yourself an F4R?
It was a red nelli. Couldn't tell you what type of exhaust as I was a garage depth away and looking through as he rode past. At a guess I would say it was moto gp style.

Pah, if I could I would buy one just liked the photo.