SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 22-08-09, 06:02 PM   #1
chakraist

Default Lydden 22nd August

Hi guys, was anybody there? I was involved in one of the incidents on the last session, also my first session of the day. The red flag came out because my mate highsided at the bottom of the hill, I and another guy missed it and in going round a slower rider he punted into the side of me, knocking me off my bike, damaging the clutch lever, knocked my fixer peg off the gearshifter, and worst of all, right hand side crank case is a bit broke, needs replacing.

Anyone there today? Also the guy who went into me is now in hospital, so if anyone knows what happens I'd like to know.
Old 22-08-09, 07:40 PM   #2
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lydden 22nd August

Hi mate, yeah I turned up for the afternoon. Hadn't had my SV round a circuit for a while so given that Lydden is so good for SV's I couldn't miss the opportunity.
Sorry to hear about your little incident, had you just turned up for the last session then? I guess you're fairly local to Lydden.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-09, 10:25 PM   #3
chakraist

Yeah, we watched all day and there was space for the last session, £15, bargain! I'm in Canterbury, in Hales Place, 30 minutes max from the circuit. We went in the I2 session (me and a mate on a clapped out FZR600) and thought, we'll give it a lap or two to pick up the pace, but then bimbling about were with the back of the pack! Was great fun, bar the crash. Will be taking a bike cam next time
Old 22-08-09, 10:31 PM   #4
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I obviously missed all the fun. I got put in that group (yellow) initially but after the first couple of session they threw me out and made me go with the race bikes which was a bit of a cheek given I was on my road bike on road tyres, still it did mean I finished earlier and got a flyer home. Hope you manage to get all fixed up, better luck next time.
Old 22-08-09, 11:33 PM   #5
chakraist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I obviously missed all the fun. I got put in that group (yellow) initially but after the first couple of session they threw me out and made me go with the race bikes which was a bit of a cheek given I was on my road bike on road tyres, still it did mean I finished earlier and got a flyer home. Hope you manage to get all fixed up, better luck next time.
Have you got a red naked SV? I didn't want to say anything incase you were in the novice group but it would have been so much better to go in with the race bikes, never ridden lydden before and pretty much just destroyed them all, as did my mate on said 20 year old bike.
Old 23-08-09, 06:26 AM   #6
Red Herring
Mega Poster

That was me. That yellow group wasn't particularly fast but you obviously pick up tracks quick. I'm next out at Brands on the 9th Sept, perhaps I'll see you there...?
Old 23-08-09, 07:12 PM   #7
DeanyWeany2

I was there on Saturday as well. It was my first track day but certainly not my last. I was on a pointy silver and black SV650, I only live about 15 mins from Lydden and it was an ideal baptism. Might of missed you guys I bailed out with 2 seesions to go, due to fatigue. Hope to catch up at another track day sometime. Did you manage to see the crash in the morning with the bloke on the R1 ? I bet he's feeling it today.
Old 29-08-09, 05:43 PM   #8
chakraist

Brands, can't do cause it's just too expensive for us, plus I need pads and discs as well. More money. Ah well!

Deany, you live in Folkestone? I'm over in Canterbury, we go out to the Adelaide most Wednesdays and go play at Pfizer and stuff. I missed the R1 crash, was working, but you missed the epic 2 crashes in the final session! Give and take I guess. I saw a guy highside off a fireblade about 3ish coming up from devil's elbow...